Internet/TV providers

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2020, 01:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDC View Post
J

I live in Collier. Looks like Centurylink is $49 and Xfinity is $40 according to their websites (for new customers), but I have not called them yet. I'll keep monitoring this thread to get more ideas. Any additional suggestions would be helpful!!

Watch for modem costs.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Watch for modem costs.
Also installation costs. I believe century link is self installation with instructions.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Watch for modem costs.
We purchased our own pays for itself within a year
Old 05-29-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDC View Post
Just signed up with Centurylink for the $49/mo price. I said I had my own modem, but the technician is bringing one anyway and I have already been charged an extra $10 for the monthly modem fee. Customer Service said...oh, just mail the modem back and we will credit you back. I hope this great monthly price of $49 (for life) is worth it compared to the $75 (until the next price hike) Spectrum price!
If you get a good tech, he won't even leave the modem. I have no modem since I have fiber optic, but when I increased my speed six months ago the customer svc rep charged for a modem, $150. Then he came, he changed the speed in about ten seconds using his smart phone and said he deleted the modem. When the bill came, it was $150 high, so I called customer svc and they knocked it down $175 for the inconvenience.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you get a good tech, he won't even leave the modem. I have no modem since I have fiber optic, but when I increased my speed six months ago the customer svc rep charged for a modem, $150. Then he came, he changed the speed in about ten seconds using his smart phone and said he deleted the modem. When the bill came, it was $150 high, so I called customer svc and they knocked it down $175 for the inconvenience.
Is fiber optic (the line that runs from the outside box to your house) an option over DSL? The installer is coming next week and I just want to appear knowledgeable and to ask the right questions!

The same day I signed up for Century Link, the first installer came and set up an outside box on the house. I was impressed that they came out so quick. Hope the end product is impressive too!
Closed Thread

Tags
providers, internet/tv, supply, present, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.