Irrigation Repair

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts

Same house water issue. Supposedly used enough h2o to fill a pool. Water co. assumes it is our problem. I asked to speak with a manager but was told they would call me back. They never called . could be an internal issue they are not taking responsibility for, just pick up extra money??
Old 02-27-2020, 11:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndlou3 View Post
I need recommendations on irrigation repair from a trustworthy, reliable company and prefer not to have Massey. Got the dreaded call from the Villages Water and our usage was high and they sent a tech out and used 2000 gallon in 24 hour period and the irrigation is set to run in that time frame. Not there so can't check it out ourselves. Thanks in advance
You mean you lost 2,000 gal. of water & got charge for it? Not to be mean but you should have a pretty large wet spot or a pond on your property. The irrigation lines are just under grass about 4 in. I had a leak & didn’t even know it. I found it by accident & it was just where it screwed into line & replaces it for around $3.00. But 2,000 gal. I think someone must have a 2 in. Garden hose hooked up to your outside of your house. Your definitely right the water company should be helping their customers. Maybe it’s out in the street leading to your house. Good Luck!
Old 02-27-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
You mean you lost 2,000 gal. of water & got charge for it? Not to be mean but you should have a pretty large wet spot or a pond on your property. The irrigation lines are just under grass about 4 in. I had a leak & didn’t even know it. I found it by accident & it was just where it screwed into line & replaces it for around $3.00. But 2,000 gal. I think someone must have a 2 in. Garden hose hooked up to your outside of your house. Your definitely right the water company should be helping their customers. Maybe it’s out in the street leading to your house. Good Luck!
I can't see the yard over 1200 miles away!!
Old 02-28-2020, 11:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
I can't see the yard over 1200 miles away!!
CNDLOU3, you said you got a call from TV water dept. not at my home on the other side of the country, sorry. But what's this got to do with water used in TV. You know this is T.O.T.V. Not talk to my home wherever. You just wasn't very clear where you consumed this much water.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
I need recommendations on irrigation repair from a trustworthy, reliable company and prefer not to have Massey. Got the dreaded call from the Villages Water and our usage was high and they sent a tech out and used 2000 gallon in 24 hour period and the irrigation is set to run in that time frame. Not there so can't check it out ourselves. Thanks in advance
CNDLOU3, read your comment. You said got a call from TV water & they sent out a tech & used 2000 gal. in 24 hrs.Then you said, "Not there so can't check it our ourselves". So if you weren't in TV why did TV water dept. call you for your water use 1200 miles away. Also how did we know you weren't at your house that used so much water. Sorry, but your comment wasn't explained very well. Not trying to be mean, just a little confused about what you said & that's the way most people read you comment!
Old 02-28-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
CNDLOU3, read your comment. You said got a call from TV water & they sent out a tech & used 2000 gal. in 24 hrs.Then you said, "Not there so can't check it our ourselves". So if you weren't in TV why did TV water dept. call you for your water use 1200 miles away. Also how did we know you weren't at your house that used so much water. Sorry, but your comment wasn't explained very well. Not trying to be mean, just a little confused about what you said & that's the way most people read you comment!
We own a house in TV and are not there at moment. Received a call on high water usage. I was trying to find recommendations for someone who could go look and make necessary repairs if needed! As we are 1200 miles away from TV @ our other home. I was trying to resolve the issue the best I could and I thought that was what this site was for was getting recommendations or advice on things like this.

Last edited by cndlou3; 02-28-2020 at 05:17 PM. Reason: add information
Old 02-28-2020, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,414 Times in 5,106 Posts

Quote:
We own a house in TV and are not there at moment. Received a call on high water usage. I was trying to find recommendations for someone who could go look and make necessary repairs if needed! As we are 1200 miles away from TV @ our other home. I was trying to resolve the issue the best I could and I thought that was what this site was for was getting recommendations or advice on things like this.
Personally, I think that people who go out of town for long periods of time and leave their sprinkler system operating without an irrigation maintenance contract or at least a home watch service are just asking for trouble. You cannot expect to maintain and service a sprinkler system from 1200 miles away. You should hire a service to monitor and maintain the system.
Closed Thread

Tags
irrigation, repair, gallon, hour, period

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.