Irrigation System

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2017, 08:42 PM
Default Irrigation System

I have a Hunter Pro C irrigation system and it turns off automatically when we have rain. Normally it comes back on within a day or two but it has been off (with a sensor indicator) for the last 5 days when we have had little of no rain. Could I have a bad sensor? Where is the rain sensor located?
Old 08-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
I have a Hunter Pro C irrigation system and it turns off automatically when we have rain. Normally it comes back on within a day or two but it has been off (with a sensor indicator) for the last 5 days when we have had little of no rain. Could I have a bad sensor? Where is the rain sensor located?

Located on the fascia on the same wall as the controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 10:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

During the two-hour ag outreach presentation on Florida landscaping the speaker mentioned the Hunter rain sensors rarely last the five years that they are warrantied for.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

///
Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....

Last edited by SouthOfTheBorder; 08-27-2017 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Not same model controller
Old 08-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

If you do not mind going up a ladder, there is a little rod on the top of the sensor, if you push on it you should hear or feel a click, if not is is probably bad. These are under warranty, contact Hunter for a free replacement. The wire is typically in a conduit back to the controller. If go in to garage, where the controller is you should find a small white cable with 2 wires, you can disconnect (take a photo for future reference), try on a string, then go outside, remove the cover plate and pull the wire out, tie off the string, remove the sensor and send to Hunter, they will supply the address and RMA number. In about 10 days you will have a new sensor.
NOTE: you cannot use a MiniClick sensor on a Pro C solar sensor system. MiniClicks are around $40 locally, and Solar Sensors around $100 locally.
Ours failed after about 3 years.
Hope this helps.
PS, I have a miniclick for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If you do not mind going up a ladder, there is a little rod on the top of the sensor, if you push on it you should hear or feel a click, if not is is probably bad. These are under warranty, contact Hunter for a free replacement. The wire is typically in a conduit back to the controller. If go in to garage, where the controller is you should find a small white cable with 2 wires, you can disconnect (take a photo for future reference), try on a string, then go outside, remove the cover plate and pull the wire out, tie off the string, remove the sensor and send to Hunter, they will supply the address and RMA number. In about 10 days you will have a new sensor.
NOTE: you cannot use a MiniClick sensor on a Pro C solar sensor system. MiniClicks are around $40 locally, and Solar Sensors around $100 locally.
Ours failed after about 3 years.
Hope this helps.
PS, I have a miniclick for sale if anyone is interested.
Thanks villagetinker. The rod seems to be stuck in the down position flush with the top. Looks like it has a cover on it but I didn't want to pry it off.
Closed Thread

Tags
rain, sensor, irrigation, system, located

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.