Need CPA to File CA State Income Tax

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2015, 07:52 AM
Default Need CPA to File CA State Income Tax

Can anyone suggest a CPA firm who would file my CA State Income Tax Report?
Old 01-31-2015, 11:17 AM
Platinum member

While I can't recommend a specific firm or individual CPA, any in the tax preparation business should be able to help you. Preparation is automated these days and much of the information flows from your federal return. You should use the same person who does your federal return.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Cpa

I would recommend Mark Murphy, CPA in the Villages. He is very good.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
While I can't recommend a specific firm or individual CPA, any in the tax preparation business should be able to help you. Preparation is automated these days and much of the information flows from your federal return. You should use the same person who does your federal return.
Ditto on what he said. If you have your federal return done and then go to someone else for the state return, they will have to prepare (but not file) the federal again to get the data into the state software, so you'll have to pay for that. AARP will do fed for free but often will not tell the client until after the return is done that they don't do state returns. And unless you have a complicated or ambiguous tax issue, you don't need a CPA - any decent tax preparer can handle it. I am a registered tax return preparer, but only do taxes for myself, my business, friends and fellow church members - and not for compensation.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.