Solar Heating for pool

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Default Solar Heating for pool

I have interviewed 2 companies (Jacks Solar and Solar Lights, Ocala). Both seem like good companies with good reputations for after sale service and follow-up. But which solar panel is better? Their panels are very different. Which is safer for the roof under the panel? One is more solid and requires more into the roof attachments. Any Help out there? Any real negative experience with either of these companies or their panels? thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I used Jacks and there have been no problems with the installation, the panels, or the system functional controls. I would recommend him.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Gold member

We also used Jacks for our pool solar a few months back and have had no issues. Definitely would recommend them.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

We used Jack's Solar and are very happy with him. We just had four of our ten panels removed and reinstalled because we changed the roof line. Jack did the change out for a nominal fee.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Platinum member

Ditto the above. Jack's solar was highly recommended and I am very happy with the installation.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Platinum member

Jack stressed the point that his panels are installed with a 'breathing space' between them and the roof shingles, to eliminate mildew and roof rot. He claimed his whole business depends on customers getting normal roof wear, not accelerated wear because of rot. I hired him because of a strong recommendation from a pool contractor whom I came to trust completely, I liked everything Jack said, and three years later everything works great. My calculations are that the solar system will be paid for by gas savings before the end of 2010.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Default solar heating of a pool

Do you know what water temperature will be acceptable to you? If you're wanting a max of about 72 - 74 degrees for about 10 weeks in the dead of winter then I think that you'll be satisfied. If you want much more than that have your contractor put it in writing that it can be met and held and whether you will need to put a blanket over the pool when it is not in use to assure that. That's what my limited research has found.

A natural gas heater would probably be a more satisfactory installation if you're lucky enough to live in TV where it is available.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.