Kitchen Redo

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2021, 10:23 AM

I used Exquisite Design last year, 352-203-4812. Beautiful job. Have just contacted for them to do my master bath. I have no doubt I will love it as much as my kitchen. If you call speak to Tony. He is the owner and has great ideas.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Farmer View Post
Well I hope all turns out well for you. From my own, very expensive, experience, I highly, and strongly recommend that you go no where near Wildwood Kitchen and Bath. Please.
I agree, we just had them redo our kitchen new counter tops, backsplash, flooring, new sink and faucets, also our guest bath make over. The guest bath work was done to our satisfaction(very well done), the kitchen however is another story mainly the installation of the backsplash. Also beware they want 50% down upon signing the contract, no where in the contract or verbally were we told that when work began we would have to give them another 45% with 5% at completion. They were very dis-organized, measured wrong so they were short tiles for back splash had to wait 2 weeks for more tiles. Communication is not a strong suit for this company and the scheduler could be very curt and rude.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:00 AM

ReNu Kitchen and Bath. Great work, clean and on time.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
We are currently in the process of doing the same.
Gingerich -didn’t want our small job. Wants total Reno projects.
Wildwood K&B- after reading the reviews-DON’T.
Doc’s-so far good to work with.
Burns-coming Wednesday for a consultation. Friend used them and said their communication is horrible and you have to stay on them. We were in the showroom the other day and heard a woman chewing them out for just that.

Very frustrating experience. Our cabinets are discontinued and we only want to flatten out the island and change our ‘utility closet pantry’ to a cabinet pantry. Not every remodeler carries what we’ve found we like understand, but do not want to settle. Good luck.
We don’t have any quotes just yet.
You do have to "stay on" Burns. They did my reno and it was very slow. Took a long time to get done and had a sizeable to-do list at the end but they did finish everything.

Last edited by rmd2; 02-21-2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: more info.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
For free estimates go to Lowe's and Home depot get estimates than call a recommended kitchen and bath installion contractor see what they cost be aware Lowe's and Home depot cost the most but are the most reliable people to deal with. Your going to find out the a kitchen new cabinets and solid stone top start at 30K to 60K. That is why when you buy a resale you must figure in these prices, which make a lot of the homes over priced.to buy. Bathrooms remolding start a 25K. joelfmi@aol.com question a retired designer.
Like I said earlier, we got our cabinets from Lowes, what I didn't say was that some were so bad damaged in transit they had to be resent. The corner cabinet was damaged in the back, they would have replaced it, but by then I was short on time and lived with the damage, since it wouldn't be seen, unless you poked your head inside.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:00 PM
Default Remodeling Service

We used Carol Services for our bathroom remodels. JP was great and his crew was very conscientious. No delays at all. Arrived when they said they would and finished when the said they would. They install flooring as well as full home remodels. We thought reasonably priced. Will use them for our kitchen remodel next year. 321-230-1221
Old 02-21-2021, 01:54 PM

I shopped when we redid our baths. For us the best recommendation and service was from Doc's Restoration.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:21 PM
Default Doc's is a no no

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
In the thinking stage of redoing our kitchen or modifying what we have. Any recommendations for a designer/builder/installer?
Do NOT use Docs Restoration..... inexperienced sales people and multiple prices given. Even if you write down what they tell you at the home visit its usually 3 different prices when they finish ALL of course more expensive.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Unless you're doing a major gut job, I always did the general contractor work myself. I completely built a home from lot purchase to plan design to actual construction for two homes in Pensacola, Florida. I didn't have a builder, I was it.

So when I didn't like the little 10' x 10' kitchen in our CYV, first I had Great Lakes in Summerfield put in a subway tile backsplash and Blinds 4 Less in Lady Lake put in plantation shutters and put knobs on the cabinets.

This is how it looked about 9 years ago when I finished with those little touches. Sorry, I scanned this from a photo that was a little worn. As you can see, the cabinets put in by TV were awful, I think the name was unstained maple. Even after those touches it still looked horrible.

The Villages Florida

So then I had Remington Kitchens of Leesburg reface the cabinets in white and put on new hand pulls, price was $4800. (that was new doors and pullout drawers fronts and formica over the base cabinets) Remington has since retired. I went to Best Buy and bought all new LG Appliances, $2600 delivered and installed. I kept the original formica countertops, even though granite would of been nice, and I still might do it, I was doing a bathroom remodel at the time. I bought professional faucet on eBay for $130 and I bought a new stainless single bowl 34" sink from Home Depot website for $400 and had Kiley & Sons plumbing install them. I then had the Floor Shoppe in Wildwood do the entire living area with new 12mm thick laminate 6" planks that were waterproof. The wall painting was done by Investment Painters and I stained the white grout with grout stain I bought from HD, and this how it looks now.

The Villages Florida

Blackboard was from Target, Parrot from Cozumel

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 02-21-2021, 03:56 PM
Default Best quality and price kitchen remodel

The Wood Artist.
His name is Marcos at 352-702-7866. He advertised on here and great reviews on Home Advisor. That is his specialty and is not overpriced like the others.
Very trustworthy.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:59 PM

I second Doc's. They built a great kitchen for us recently.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:02 PM
Default Best quality and price kitchen remodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco1 View Post
The Wood Artist.
His name is Marcos at 352-702-7866. He advertised on here and great reviews on Home Advisor. That is his specialty and is not overpriced like the others.
Very trustworthy.
See 5 star reviews
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210221-164424_Google.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	88296  
Old 02-21-2021, 07:20 PM
Default Wickham Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon View Post
Wickham Construction. 352/978-3556
We were very happy with Brent's professionalism and the quality of his work. Brent totally gutted our kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Absolutely love the finished product. Beautiful.
Wickham is currently doing our bathroom. Exceedingly happy with their work thus far. Easy to work with. We bid out the project and selected Wickham.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:46 PM

Gingerich “made”my master bedroom furniture. He was so patient with me and I love the furniture, maximized storage space in my master bedroom.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Default Contact for Timberwood for kitchen island

Does anyone have a contact name and number for Timberwood
Closed Thread

Tags
kitchen, modifying, recommendations, redo, redoing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.