Kitchen remodel/ Wildwood Kitchen

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Default Kitchen remodel/ Wildwood Kitchen

Looking to update my kitchen.

Anyone have experience with Wildwood Kitchen and Bath? and advice concerning other contractors?
Old 04-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Default Wildwood Kitchen & Bath

I used WK&B in my last home for granite & tile installation. They also did a built in server for me in the kitchen area. Tile work was fine, built in server looked great, but I had granite problems. I had picked 2 different granites for the baths, & they cut the bigger piece for the smaller bathroom, & ended up putting two different shades of granite in the Master bath. In addition, the piece for the makeup area was not cut small enough & they jammed it in which then made our pocket door rub against the wall every time it was opened or closed. I kept looking at the granite back splash in the Master Bath thinking it was 2 different colors, & it was. They did replace it with the correct color, but denied doing anything to the wall which made the pocket door rub. Would I use them again? No! If you want granite work done, I would highly recommend Stone Designer, Inc. owned by Elizabeth & Carlos Rodrigues in Summerfield. Their number is 352-454-2336 or 352-292-2046. They did an outstanding job on our kitchen & bath granite in our present home, & their pricing is reasonable. I also had my kitchen & bath cabinets refinished & doors replaced so private message me if you want additional info on that. Good Luck!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:58 AM

they did work in both my kitchen and bathroom about 7 years ago. I was pleased with their workmanship.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:58 PM

We had a terrible time working with Wildwood Kitchen & Bath - this just a couple weeks ago. Look at their BBB rating - wish I had.
Would I recommend them NO _ NO _ NO
Old 05-07-2015, 04:08 PM

We had great success with Cabinet-Guys who replaced all kitchen cabinets and countertops at a reasonable price with quality workmanship.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Stay away from Jeromes Construction. They charged us $6000 dollars for a project to put our golf cart undercover and when the project was done we could not get the golf cart in that area. Mind you that there were some superb subcontractors under him that did a fabulous job but don't get Jeromes.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Anytime you plan on using a contractor or service company, go the the top of this page and use 'Search'. I've done it countless times and have found many good contractors. Investment Painters, Tim Miller the Handyman, Remington Kitchens, McGowan Landscaping to name a few. If you search Wildwood Kitchens you will not be happy, I can remember several negative reviews from the past couple of years. It's one reason we didn't call them for our kitchen work.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Platinum member

A real shame because they have a large, nicely decorated showroom. There's been so many negative comments about after installation issues here on TOTV that you'd have to be really desperate (or foolish) to consider using them.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Wildwood Kitchen and Bath does have a nice showroom which is hard to find with other remodelers, but it comes with a price.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Friends used Wildwood Kitchen and Bath for their granite and were happy with the work, but the price was on the high side. We used Sone Designer and were pleased with the quality of work and the price.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Default Wildwood Kitchen and Bath

Took company over 4 months to do a project that should have taken 2 months at most. Some of the issues a misunderstanding of cabinet size, but others definitely their fault. They took no responsibility and the owner went off when I visited in person. Starting using profanity and said he was tired of people trying to rip him off. Would never recommend them.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:50 PM

We used Wildwood Kitchen and Bath for granite countertop (15 feet long) and custom rectangle sinks in our master. Tom Hart was our Salesman and he was very professional. They did a superb job in the time they said they would and have a great installation team. HOWEVER, we now know we could have done better elsewhere with pricing.
For our kitchen remodel, we just got a quote from All-Star and than we are getting a quote from Duncan Stone. BTW...if your #1 concern is BBB rating...DOC'S RESTORATION is Angie's list AND BBB top rated, pricing reasonable...Good Luck!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.