Kitchen vent outside

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Default Kitchen vent outside

Does anyone have experience with a contractor to run the kitchen vent outside and about how much it costs?
Old 02-12-2015, 09:58 AM
Sage

/What makes you think they don't vent outside? Pretty sure they do.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 02-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

If you are talking about the Microwave "vent", mine goes to the attic (2013 vintage gardenia). I do have a concern about the eventual buildup of cooking fumes in the attic, however, venting through the roof could present staining problems there also.....
Old 02-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If you are talking about the Microwave "vent", mine goes to the attic (2013 vintage gardenia). I do have a concern about the eventual buildup of cooking fumes in the attic, however, venting through the roof could present staining problems there also.....
You could always run a vent line to the gable end of the roof then it goes through the wall instead of the roof. I don't know if the fan in the range hood/microwave is strong enough to really push the air that far but at least the cooking fumes wouldn't be in the attic if that is were they are going. I am currently renting a courtyard villa and I just went and looked. The microwave fan is cycling through a filter it doesn't vent anyplace. I will have to check it out when I get in my house.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Gold member
Default Since your roof has ridge vents...

Quote:
they'll be no build up of fumes...as to staining...we'll all be dead before it's even a hint of a concern...
Old 02-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

That is interesting. My 2014 Gardenia vents outside through the roof.

Quote:

Last edited by tuccillo; 02-12-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
I wouldn't think it vents into the attic. Look at your roof just above the wall were the fan is ,or even the outside wall
Old 02-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You should see two silver vents on the roof. One is for the kitchen fan and the other is for the dryer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I wouldn't think it vents into the attic. Look at your roof just above the wall were the fan is ,or even the outside wall
Old 02-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

To all, I will look at the roof, but the house plans do not indicate a vent through the roof, so I could be mistaken, and if so, I am very sorry for any misinformation. Will check tomorrow.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.