Lake Medical Imaging awful response at best

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down Lake Medical Imaging awful response at best

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing very poor response from Lake Medical Immaging?
My Dr requested an MRI for me from LMI and I waited 1 week with no response from them. I called my Dr and they asured me they sent the request to them 1 weeks ago but would resend it again. After it was resent I again didn't get a response so I tried calling LMI but seemed to get routed off to no mans land and they never answered. Waited a few more hrs then another day and tried again and never could even get on a wait list to schedule a MRI. Finally I tried again today and this time at least the computer asked what I wanted and took me around in a circle asking the same thing about 3 times before putting me on a call waiting for Scheduling. It took over 20 minutes of waiting to then finally get a real person. I asked what the problems where for lack of reponse and long waiting time to get a MRI scheduled but didn't get an answer or even a comment. WOW you would think with at least 4 locations now ( or 5 ? ) their response would be better than awful. I think they clearly need some competition or someone paying attention. Doesn't seem like I had this kind of issue in the past. I wonder if it has anything to do with The Villages now being deeply connected with Top 10 Un of Fl -- if it is I got a feeling we took a step backward? Anyone else going thru this with them?

Last edited by dadspet; 10-06-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

I have never had a problem with Lake Imaging. I think the problem is relying on the doctor's office to call in the order. You should ask the doctor's office for a copy of the doctor's imaging order and go to the Lake Imaging office in person. They will schedule an appointment for you, or sometimes they will do the MRI or xray immediately without an appointment. You can deal directly with Lake Imaging if the doctor's office will give you a copy of the order.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:28 PM

If you are unsuccessful with Lake Medical Imaging, Sand Lake Imaging on CR466 is an alternative.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never had a problem with Lake Imaging. I think the problem is relying on the doctor's office to call in the order. You should ask the doctor's office for a copy of the doctor's imaging order and go to the Lake Imaging office in person. They will schedule an appointment for you, or sometimes they will do the MRI or xray immediately without an appointment. You can deal directly with Lake Imaging if the doctor's office will give you a copy of the order.
I have never had problem with Lake Medical Imagining my Dr calls in request and they call me to set up appointment time with my schedule. I also receive copy of order.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The LMI person never indicated they didn't receive a order for the MRI and doesn't account for not being able to reach LMI several times and then the long wait time once I was able to reach them. But I do hope my experience was an exception/or glitch (since my previous experience was without issue) and not the new norm.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
The LMI person never indicated they didn't receive a order for the MRI and doesn't account for not being able to reach LMI several times and then the long wait time once I was able to reach them. But I do hope my experience was an exception/or glitch (since my previous experience was without issue) and not the new norm.
I have always had no problem getting through to Lake Medical for appointments. I have two separate appointments coming up for imagining and have had to reschedule several times due to things that came up and have always gotten ahold of them without any wait and offered many dates and times that were available. I think it must have been a glitch with what you experienced.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Wonder if anyone else is experiencing very poor response from Lake Medical Immaging?
My Dr requested an MRI for me from LMI and I waited 1 week with no response from them. I called my Dr and they asured me they sent the request to them 1 weeks ago but would resend it again. After it was resent I again didn't get a response so I tried calling LMI but seemed to get routed off to no mans land and they never answered. Waited a few more hrs then another day and tried again and never could even get on a wait list to schedule a MRI. Finally I tried again today and this time at least the computer asked what I wanted and took me around in a circle asking the same thing about 3 times before putting me on a call waiting for Scheduling. It took over 20 minutes of waiting to then finally get a real person. I asked what the problems where for lack of reponse and long waiting time to get a MRI scheduled but didn't get an answer or even a comment. WOW you would think with at least 4 locations now ( or 5 ? ) their response would be better than awful. I think they clearly need some competition or someone paying attention. Doesn't seem like I had this kind of issue in the past. I wonder if it has anything to do with The Villages now being deeply connected with Top 10 Un of Fl -- if it is I got a feeling we took a step backward? Anyone else going thru this with them?
Too bad you had to experience this as I get your frustration. Just curious, what does The Villages being deeply connected with TOP 10 Univ of FL have to do with Lake Medical Imaging?
Old 10-06-2020, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

17 years with multiple events per year for the both of us.
Never a hiccup or delay.
5 star!
Old 10-06-2020, 05:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

If you want frustration, deal with the Veterans Administration.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:58 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Same here, used them many times with no problems. They usually catch errors that the doctors have made and make the calls to correct them. In my experiences their customer service was phenomenal and those wide bore MRIs are great.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

never have had a problem with Lake Imaging....once they've received the order from our MD

getting the order there seems to be the issue

We were sitting in a doctor's waiting room earlier today and the wife of a patient came in and said...I know that you've said you emailed it to Lake Imaging twice, but just give me the information and I'll hand carry it
Old 10-06-2020, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

In fifteen years now using Lake Imaging I have never had a problem. In fact I have always felt they treated both my daughter and I with great skill and compassion.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We put a new wing on the last new operation for Lake Imaging. They have gone out of their way to cater to us. There have been a few mistakes that were terrible to live with over a Holidays Weekend. We got a diagnosis emailed to us that was terrible. Turns out it was someone else's test that got switched with ours. This is the same time that my bloodwork got the switcheroo. What a nerve-wracking ordeal that was. Mistakes happen. They were all over getting the correct answer for me and in two days we got the blood work and tests that belonged to me and all was well.

You have to have eyes in the back of your head and be aware that mistakes happen. It always seems to be when they are not to busy that mistakes occur. The billing department has been shakey but documentation, as you deal with them, gets things straightened out. When they are hammered with work they have been Flawless. Things have been really good for a long time. I recommend them even with these few warts.

Last edited by Nucky; 10-07-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I've used Lake Imaging at both Colony and the new Brownwood facility. All experiences far exceeded what i went through at a similar facility in Atlanta. Unrelated, but kudos to the DMV people around Pinellas Place for being the most UN DMV place I've ever been to. plenty of things to complain about, but I wouldn't fester on lake or DMV.. They rock IMHO
Old 10-06-2020, 10:43 PM
Gold member
Default Mit

Quote:
I highly recommend MIT on 466! Dr Jacobson at MIT is amazing.
Closed Thread

Tags
response, mri, waiting, lake, asked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.