Lake Medical Imaging awful response at best

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2020, 05:01 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,557 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never had a problem with Lake Imaging. I think the problem is relying on the doctor's office to call in the order. You should ask the doctor's office for a copy of the doctor's imaging order and go to the Lake Imaging office in person. They will schedule an appointment for you, or sometimes they will do the MRI or xray immediately without an appointment. You can deal directly with Lake Imaging if the doctor's office will give you a copy of the order.
Agree. No problem ever with them. Sounds like your drs office dropped the ball. Next time take the script and make your own appt
Old 10-07-2020, 05:22 AM

I’ve tried to reach them by phone to check on the time of an upcoming appointment. My calls went into a never ending loop. So I physically went to LMI for confirmation.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:22 AM
Default Never had a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
Wonder if anyone else is experiencing very poor response from Lake Medical Immaging?
My Dr requested an MRI for me from LMI and I waited 1 week with no response from them. I called my Dr and they asured me they sent the request to them 1 weeks ago but would resend it again. After it was resent I again didn't get a response so I tried calling LMI but seemed to get routed off to no mans land and they never answered. Waited a few more hrs then another day and tried again and never could even get on a wait list to schedule a MRI. Finally I tried again today and this time at least the computer asked what I wanted and took me around in a circle asking the same thing about 3 times before putting me on a call waiting for Scheduling. It took over 20 minutes of waiting to then finally get a real person. I asked what the problems where for lack of reponse and long waiting time to get a MRI scheduled but didn't get an answer or even a comment. WOW you would think with at least 4 locations now ( or 5 ? ) their response would be better than awful. I think they clearly need some competition or someone paying attention. Doesn't seem like I had this kind of issue in the past. I wonder if it has anything to do with The Villages now being deeply connected with Top 10 Un of Fl -- if it is I got a feeling we took a step backward? Anyone else going thru this with them?

I’ve never had a problem with them. The office has been running very efficiently, in my opinion. Never long wait times, etc.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:40 AM

Love Sand Lake!
Old 10-07-2020, 05:55 AM

Agree. My husband & I both had similar experiences where the request had to be sent 3 times. Finally, my husband went to dr office & got a copy & hand delivered. They have gone downhill.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:06 AM
Default Medical Imaging

Quote:
Wonder if anyone else is experiencing very poor response from Lake Medical Immaging?
My Dr requested an MRI for me from LMI and I waited 1 week with no response from them. I called my Dr and they asured me they sent the request to them 1 weeks ago but would resend it again. After it was resent I again didn't get a response so I tried calling LMI but seemed to get routed off to no mans land and they never answered. Waited a few more hrs then another day and tried again and never could even get on a wait list to schedule a MRI. Finally I tried again today and this time at least the computer asked what I wanted and took me around in a circle asking the same thing about 3 times before putting me on a call waiting for Scheduling. It took over 20 minutes of waiting to then finally get a real person. I asked what the problems where for lack of reponse and long waiting time to get a MRI scheduled but didn't get an answer or even a comment. WOW you would think with at least 4 locations now ( or 5 ? ) their response would be better than awful. I think they clearly need some competition or someone paying attention. Doesn't seem like I had this kind of issue in the past. I wonder if it has anything to do with The Villages now being deeply connected with Top 10 Un of Fl -- if it is I got a feeling we took a step backward? Anyone else going thru this with them?
There is no competition now. I wonder why? Who owns this poorly run monopoly and more importantly why doesn’t the large and growing number of people who live here do something about it? There is power in numbers.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:08 AM

I have had two LMI MRI in the last two weeks. I ended up going to Brownwood LMI to personally make my appointments. I’m glad I did or I might still be waiting for appointments.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:20 AM

They refused to schedule an appointment for x-rays because I work in healthcare, and our facility has COVID recovery patients. Ironically one of their techs works at my hospital, too. She’s allowed to be in both places, but I am not. Supposedly I’m a “hero” for doing what I do, and as a result am being denied the healthcare that I need.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I’ve read all of the responses to the OP and I’m glad everyone has had exceptional service through LMI. However, I experienced the exact same situation earlier this year with the communications between my doctor and LMI when my doctor told me to have an MRI performed. It finally took the doctor’s nurse and someone at LMI to talk to each other over the phone to get the order handled. It also helped that I contacted a patient representative of TV Health to get involved to get the conversation moving forward. Now, once the order was finally received by LMI and I was able to talk to the LMI scheduler and go in for the MRI, the staff at LMI in the new Brownwood facility were great - friendly, very capable, and professional. What it taught me, though, was sometimes you have to stay on top of the situation to make sure the doctor’s office and LMI are working together for you.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:29 AM

That's really strange. I've had images done twice this summer at Lake Med. Imaging, Sumter Ldg. Both times, I went straight from the doctor's office to LMI, where I was taken back immediately for my sonogram! They have always been timely and professional.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:40 AM
Veteran member

I have stopped waiting for LMI to call to schedule appointments after not hearing from them for days about a doctor requested procedure.

Now I ask the doctor when the order will be sent and call LMI about two hours later. No problem getting the appointment set.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:42 AM

Happened to us several times. The stress dealing with them was worse than the reason I needed them!
Old 10-07-2020, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Perhaps someone is/was off work either sick or quarantined with Covid-19?
Old 10-07-2020, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

I’ve never had a problem with LMI. They’re the gold standard for medical imaging in The Villages.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:13 AM

Nope excellent care easy scheduling and very professional in their work. Radiologist and tech are sooooo under appreciated. Sometimes
You reap what you sow. Just saying an attitude sometimes is not your friend
Closed Thread

Tags
response, mri, waiting, lake, asked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.