Lake Medical Imaging awful response at best

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2020, 07:28 AM
Default Lake Medical Imaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
Wonder if anyone else is experiencing very poor response from Lake Medical Immaging?
My Dr requested an MRI for me from LMI and I waited 1 week with no response from them. I called my Dr and they asured me they sent the request to them 1 weeks ago but would resend it again. After it was resent I again didn't get a response so I tried calling LMI but seemed to get routed off to no mans land and they never answered. Waited a few more hrs then another day and tried again and never could even get on a wait list to schedule a MRI. Finally I tried again today and this time at least the computer asked what I wanted and took me around in a circle asking the same thing about 3 times before putting me on a call waiting for Scheduling. It took over 20 minutes of waiting to then finally get a real person. I asked what the problems where for lack of reponse and long waiting time to get a MRI scheduled but didn't get an answer or even a comment. WOW you would think with at least 4 locations now ( or 5 ? ) their response would be better than awful. I think they clearly need some competition or someone paying attention. Doesn't seem like I had this kind of issue in the past. I wonder if it has anything to do with The Villages now being deeply connected with Top 10 Un of Fl -- if it is I got a feeling we took a step backward? Anyone else going thru this with them?
Use MIT ON ROUTE 441 behind Bealls. Excellent service. Also I won’t go to Lake Imaging anymore since they misread a mammogram on me and a back mri on my husband. Dr Jacobsen at MIT is excellent
Old 10-07-2020, 07:33 AM
Default Lmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
There is no competition now. I wonder why? Who owns this poorly run monopoly and more importantly why doesn’t the large and growing number of people who live here do something about it? There is power in numbers.
There is great competition. MIT on 441 behind Bealls. Excellent
Old 10-07-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Wonder if anyone else is experiencing very poor response from Lake Medical Immaging?
My Dr requested an MRI for me from LMI and I waited 1 week with no response from them. I called my Dr and they asured me they sent the request to them 1 weeks ago but would resend it again. After it was resent I again didn't get a response so I tried calling LMI but seemed to get routed off to no mans land and they never answered. Waited a few more hrs then another day and tried again and never could even get on a wait list to schedule a MRI. Finally I tried again today and this time at least the computer asked what I wanted and took me around in a circle asking the same thing about 3 times before putting me on a call waiting for Scheduling. It took over 20 minutes of waiting to then finally get a real person. I asked what the problems where for lack of reponse and long waiting time to get a MRI scheduled but didn't get an answer or even a comment. WOW you would think with at least 4 locations now ( or 5 ? ) their response would be better than awful. I think they clearly need some competition or someone paying attention. Doesn't seem like I had this kind of issue in the past. I wonder if it has anything to do with The Villages now being deeply connected with Top 10 Un of Fl -- if it is I got a feeling we took a step backward? Anyone else going thru this with them?
I have used Lake imaging a number of times and I have never had a problem, are you sure you are contacting the scheduling department
Old 10-07-2020, 07:46 AM

Not sure what LMI has to do with The Villages/leesburg hospitals connection with UF. They are a separate entity.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:53 AM

They had an issue with their phone system a week or so ago. I couldn't get thru so called my drs office. They resent the order, I stopped into one of lmi office, they scheduled me for an mri in 2 days, all was good. I have no complaint. You should go in to their office, any one of them, and they can help you make an appt.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:06 AM

I had an issue just last week. The DR’s office called to remind me of a follow up appointment on 10/08 and asked me if I had the MRI they requested. Since I had not been contacted by LMI I called them and asked why they hadn’t scheduled my MRI.
She checked my records and said that they called on 8/21 and got a “this number not accepting calls at this time” (probably because voip system rejects calls that do not contain Caller ID info.) They didn’t retry to call, they didn’t notify the DR They did nothing! So now they rescheduled the MRI for 11/12 and my follow up appointment is now 12/08.
Another time they had scheduled my appointment to have an MRI at the office in LSL. Showed up, got ready for the MRI and when they came to get me for the MRI I asked when will the IV needle be inserted for the contrast administration? (usually the first step in the procedure) and my pacemaker hasn’t been turned off. The nurse left and when she returned she told me that the only office that could do the requested MRI is the location over by the hospital! So the MRI was re- scheduled .
On another occasion the nurse incorrectly inserted the IV needle. Half way through the MRI they administered the contrast dye and when I complained about the terrible pain it caused They found that the IV needle was not in a vein. And rescheduled me for another MRI a week later
Old 10-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
If you are unsuccessful with Lake Medical Imaging, Sand Lake Imaging on CR466 is an alternative.
Do try Sand Lake Imaging. They were wonderful to me last March when, needing a chest x-ray because of lingering bronchitis, Lake wouldn't accept me "unless I could prove I wasn't sick."

I called Sand Lake and got right in. They only allowed one person in at a time, everyone was masked, and I felt very safe.

I actually quit using Lake Imaging when their radiologist claimed there was nothing wrong with my back, but my chiropractor showed me on the x-ray CD exactly where the problem was. Even I could see it. Since then I get my yearly mammogram at UF in Gainesville. I thought Lake Imaging could handle a simple chest x-ray last March, but no.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Nothing but good service from LMI , couldn’t ask for nicer people on phone or in person
Old 10-07-2020, 08:46 AM

You and thousands of other people, winter birds are starting to pack in..did the office give you the actual order? Flip it over bingo..scheduling line.. call it..
Old 10-07-2020, 08:55 AM

Hmm...i have been to lake imaging on at least three occations. My wife was thers last week. We have never had a problen. Service was great no problems at all. Vi would look closely and follow the critical path to determine where the problem is.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
OMG! A new conspiracy!
Old 10-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltma View Post
Use MIT ON ROUTE 441 behind Bealls. Excellent service. Also I won’t go to Lake Imaging anymore since they misread a mammogram on me and a back mri on my husband. Dr Jacobsen at MIT is excellent
I also stopped going to Lake Medical Imaging after the misread a foot X-Ray. I go to Sand Lake Imaging (on 466 behind Paramount Urgent Care). I think their radiologists are better.

I have never had an issue with them, either scheduling or testing.
Default Same!

Quote:
You are describing my near exact experience. Two weeks from when doc said I would receive a scheduling call. I'm calling back and am actually sitting on hold as I write this -- so plenty of time to peruse postings, read emails, etc. etc. etc.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:45 AM

My dr couldn’t even get them to answer their phone. I got an X-ray at the competitor and haven’t gotten my results. Two days since xrays.
Closed Thread

Tags
response, mri, waiting, lake, asked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.