Laminate Flooring

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson
Default Laminate Flooring

Can anyone recommend a good laminate floor installer?
Old 12-27-2007, 04:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Laminate Flooring

Our friends used Floors R Us, he did ceramic tile that looks like a wood floor but I believe he said they do all types of floors, they did a superb job on his house and he said their prices were very good. By the way we have a place in Brighton on Lake Chemung (and a house in Macomb Twp we're going to sell). Good luck, let us know what you find out.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We ended up buying the flooring in Leesburg and are using their installers. We are here in TV only over the holidays and wanted our carpet replaced with the laminate while here. Thought we'd have had a hard time getting that done with the time constraint and would need to hire someone on the side. However, this company was able to do it. Good luck selling your homes in Michigan...not the best of times for real estate. We'll be ready to sell our Michigan home in about 2 years and hope the economy is on an upswing by then.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What company did you end up using? Were you happy with the job? I think we will probably end up going with laminate, we have it in the den here and it is very easy to maintain.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:59 AM

I used "Handy Harens" (Don & Steve, father & son) to install my laminate. They took out all my carpet, and installed laminate throughout the house, including my kitchen (over the tile).

It looks great, and I couldn't be more pleased. It's easy to clean, I run a big dry mop over it, then I vaccume the mop. I chose a distressed oak that has a wide variety of color shades in it. It does make that funny noise when something hits it. That might bother some people, but I don't really care about that, it doesn't bother me.
Their #: 352-552-8446.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We used Reedy Flooring in Leesburg. They tore up our old carpet, moved all our furniture then moved it back when finished. I was even happy with the clean up job they did...but being men...wasn't as good as I would have done! ;D We chose a light birch and it brightens up our little villa and even makes it look bigger! I couldn't be happier!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.