Lanai floor

Old 02-20-2020, 12:26 PM
Default Lanai floor

House will be done in April and we want to finish off the Lanai floor and an outside concrete Patio . Lots of info on finishes and some contractors but seems most of the info is a 4-5 years old and scattered over dozens of posts.
Who has had Lanai floor finished with painting or tile in the last year with current info and reccommendations.
We are thinking of going with staining and protective non skid coating with colored flakes. Wanting stain as opposed to paint since stain penatrates the concrete for better ware and longer lasting and paint does not.

Old 02-20-2020, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

First, make sure your concrete has cured for at least 30 days. We had the driveway and lanai painted with a Xylene based paint, and it has held up very well for 5 years, just getting ready for the first sealing. Glad that you are thinking about the NON skid finishes. I would pass along the name of the vendor that did our work, but it appears he is no longer in business.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:18 PM
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
First, make sure your concrete has cured for at least 30 days. We had the driveway and lanai painted with a Xylene based paint, and it has held up very well for 5 years, just getting ready for the first sealing. Glad that you are thinking about the NON skid finishes. I would pass along the name of the vendor that did our work, but it appears he is no longer in business.
Thanks for the info. Contractors I talked to never mentioned the 30 day cure time. Had to see it hear and saw it on google. Very good info for all to know. To bad your contractor is out of business sounds like he did a good job.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandB View Post
Thanks for the info. Contractors I talked to never mentioned the 30 day cure time. Had to see it hear and saw it on google. Very good info for all to know. To bad your contractor is out of business sounds like he did a good job.
I’m looking for someone to do a lanai and screen room. Please let us know if you find someone you like and what you decide on for treatment.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandB View Post
Because by the time you move in, hire someone to do the job, and when they start, it'll be long since the 30 day mark.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:22 AM
Default Lanai Floor River Rock Repair & Seal

We moved the screen exit door to the side of our lanai. The lanai floor is covered in river rock. Moving the screen door left a hole in the river rock where the door threshold was. So I needed to find a contractor who would fill a 2 inch x 2 foot gap. I thought about doing it myself but could not find small quantities of epoxy and river rock.

I did find Mike Reimer of Mid-State Stone who would make the repair. For a very reasonable cost he pressure washed the lanai floor, made the repair, and sealed the floor. Now the 9 year old river rock floor looks almost new. We are very satisfied and would highly recommend Mid-State Stone 352-245-1990

Old 04-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Platinum member

We used Matt Allums for Chattahoochee River Rock on our outside patio. Comes in a variety of colors. Just had it powerwashed and resealed after 3 years and the color has not faded at all.

Tags
floor, info, lanai, stain, paint

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.