Lanai painting

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Default Lanai painting

Has anyone epoxied their lanai floor? If so, are you glad you did? Who did you use to do it?
Old 03-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,526 Times in 651 Posts

I seem to recall a thread that had concerns about the effects of sunlight on epoxt, but I cannot remember the details. Now once you have chosen your contractor, color, etc., be sure the final coat has shark grip or equal, you may end up with an ice skating rink when it is wet. We had our driveway, birdcage, and lanai painted with a Xylene based paint about 5 years ago, still in very good condition, just getting ready for a sealing coat, with shark grip.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,204 Times in 906 Posts

Sherwin Williams has an excellent cement/lanai/pool surround stain. Goes on easily with a paint roller. The trimming is the longest part of the job.

Holds up to sun and weather. Withstands having lawn chairs or metal chairs dragged across.

Dries on a warm day within a couple of hours...I usually let it set overnight.

A good alternative and an easy DIY.

Tags
lanai, glad, painting, floor, epoxied

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.