Lanai Rain Screen Question

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Lanai Rain Screen Question

We just got new lanai furniture (with lots of cushions) and I am looking for suggestions on what to use on our east facing screen to keep the RAIN (if we ever get any) out.

Does anyone have any suggestions that would not cost an arm and a leg?

Please know in advance that your advice is appreciated!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Gold member
Default Sunbrella fabric

Hopefully your cushions can take some rain. The ones sold for outdoor use can take a LOT of rain. Our lanai has east and south screens, a little exposure from the southwest. We've found that the east exposure cushions barely need to be moved (most of the time).

I am only there a week in the summer, and remove all the lanai furniture when we are not there (goes in the house or garage). When we're gone for a week more or less, we just put the cushions and lamp inside.

When we are there and it starts raining, or the forecast calls for it, we just put the cushions inside. If we goof and they get rained on, they seem to dry very quickly. Just spread them out in the sun for a while, or to get good air exposure.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Default Quick Fix

We bought our Lanai furniture 4 years ago and keep it on our east facing Lanai..The trick is to buy "Dew Not".. This is a great fabric protector that you spray on every 6 months and it repels any water. Works like a charm! I highly recommend it. You can buy it at Coral's Patio furniture shop!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Sage

ceejay, look at this site and see if it gives you any ideas. I didn't know Lowe's sold outdoor, waterproof material by the yard. It is much cheaper than the fabric stores. I've seen a few homes with curtains on their screen rooms and I think it can look pretty nice.

http://www.lowescreativeideas.com/id...nter_0508.aspx
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.