Landscape Lighting

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2018, 06:53 PM
Default Landscape Lighting

Can anyone recommend a licensed electrician to install landscape lighting? Thank you.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,148 Times in 2,247 Posts

This is LOW voltage wiring and as far as I know does not require a licensed electrician. Lowe's, Home Depot sell kits of lights, wiring, and the controller. I recommend the Hampton brand at Home Depot (all metal, LED, 5 year warranty). I have these installed at my house for over 3 years with no problems. The controller plugs into an existing outside receptacle and the wiring is typically buried in the stone, mulch or pine straw in the gardens. Typical cost for a designer size house with lights front and rear, is around $400 for parts. Also I use liquid tape (Harbor freight) to seal the tap connections to each lamp. I can provide additional info for any DIYers, send a PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
This is LOW voltage wiring and as far as I know does not require a licensed electrician. Lowe's, Home Depot sell kits of lights, wiring, and the controller. I recommend the Hampton brand at Home Depot (all metal, LED, 5 year warranty)I have these installed at my house for over 3 years with no problems. The controller plugs into an existing outside receptacle and the wiring is typically buried in the stone, mulch or pine straw in the gardens. Typical cost for a designer size house with lights front and rear, is around $400 for parts. Also I use liquid tape (Harbor freight) to seal the tap connections to each lamp. I can provide additional info for any DIYers, send a PM.
Thank you for your advice but because of physical limitations my husband is unable to do this type of job. I got a quote from Lenhart (almost 5 times the amount of parts) and I have an appointment with Pikes for another estimate. If you know of a contractor who does landscape lighting please let me know. Thank you
Old 11-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,148 Times in 2,247 Posts

I sent you a PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
Can anyone recommend a licensed electrician to install landscape lighting? Thank you.
If you’re unable or unwilling to do your own, I recommend Jason Schmidt Landscaping. Changes in the law regarding low voltage landscape lighting changed in 2016. In short, an electrician is not required as long as the transformer has a factory installed plug, and there are no changes to the house wiring.
Closed Thread

Tags
landscape, lighting, install, electrician, recommend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.