Lawn Service - GOOD NEIGHBOR - Really Bad

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2021, 07:50 AM

An earlier post said, of credit card disputes "They will not refuse to pay unless it is found the company is a fraud and there is no one to pay.". I've found the opposite. This is particularly true is I state that the service was never rendered, or the item purchased was never received. Absolutely no problem there. My word is also accepted if I say the item did not work and the company denied me a refund. I have probably filed 20 disputes in my life and only one was denied. Note: Credit cards do ask you to contact the company you have a problem with, if possible, before you contact them.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:32 AM

They did absolutely nothing on my case against Service Smart 3 years ago.
I was promised a refund, that never came. Dean’s bills my CC AFTER each
visit, and sends me a invoice by email immediately AFTER each visit.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:41 AM
Sage

Also same company as STELLAR.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

They knocked on my door the day we closed. I asked him why he wasn't in jail. He turned around and walked away. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-01-2021, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML Smith View Post
Thanks to everyone that replied. Learned a valuable lesson on this one. Thankfully it is only $480, not a large amount but it have been so much worse.

Now I check almost everyone on the forums before I engage any services.

Learn from me. Don’t make the mistake I did. Good Neighbor is BAD news and not a company to do business with. Thanks again.
there's threads in here all about this man, i made several posts re: him coming to our home when we 1st moved in. without getting personal, he comes off as arrogant & condescending. he did make a racial remark about another scaper which is why i sent him on his way. now & again, i see his truck parked outside homes & wonder how he remains in business after all these years! i feel so bad for you
Old 05-01-2021, 01:34 PM
Veteran member
Default Service Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Boy, this sounds exactly like the type of TOTV forum post that was being written several years ago about Service Smart. And unfortunately, I was one of their customers. I wonder if Good Neighbor Lawn Services is a reincarnate of Service Smart.
That is exactly what I was thinking! This company is completely dishonest. They have a huge file with Seniors vs Crime. They routinely change their name. It used to be Once a Year, then it was Service Smart, then it was Stellar and then some other name and I'll bet this is the same one. The owner Kenny changes their names so no one will be able to check their record. Even the guys who worked from them are disgusted. One told me that the owner tells the pest control guys to add water to the pest control containers (and then we wonder why we have more pests). This company should be banned from doing business.

Last edited by rmd2; 05-01-2021 at 01:35 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-03-2021, 08:37 AM
Default Good Neighbor Lawn Service

I am reading a lot of people are not happy with them. I for one have enjoyed the service. I used the for lawn and pest in the North if the Villages for 4 years without issue. We just purchased anew home down South and have signed up with them again. Already have them re-landscape the property and they did a fantastic job at a good price.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:01 PM

I had an appt mid May with Central- just cancelled.
Thank you all
Closed Thread

Tags
good, costs, service, lawn, neighbor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.