SSDI attorney

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 11:54 PM
Default SSDI attorney

Does anyone have an experienced attorney specializing in social security disability? I would welcome any suggestions.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:19 AM
Platinum member

Binder and Binder has offices in Tampa and Orlando. They're the undisputed best SSDI advocacy firm in this industry.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:06 PM

Have you applied yourself and been denied? Highly recommend that you do this before contacting a lawyer, especially if you feel you have a strong case. The key to getting SSDI is your doctors' documentation. If your doc does not support the claim it can create a problem. My docs refused to clear me to return to work and provided the documentation to support my claim. Got SSDI on the first app. Make sure your documentation is complete, detailed, and accurate as possible.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn1tv View Post
Have you applied yourself and been denied? Highly recommend that you do this before contacting a lawyer, especially if you feel you have a strong case. The key to getting SSDI is your doctors' documentation. If your doc does not support the claim it can create a problem. My docs refused to clear me to return to work and provided the documentation to support my claim. Got SSDI on the first app. Make sure your documentation is complete, detailed, and accurate as possible.
Excellent advice. SSA has never encouraged applicants to submit medical evidence with their claim but it's always a good idea to let your doctors know that you have filed a claim and that you'd appreciate their cooperation. SSA relies upon a state agency to develop medical evidence and to make the initial decision about your disability. Attorney advocates don't usually get involved in the disability process until the hearing stage. Good luck!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the support, gryoung! Why let a lawyer take a chunk of your money without trying yourself. Good luck, Queenbee! I see you are in Liberty Park; I live in Poinciana. PM me if you have any questions for me, I will be happy to share my experience with you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.