Lexus Dealers and Service

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2020, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

It is important for resale of higher end cars if the factory service records are documented and posted to the service manual. Indicates all service is performed correctly and updates and recalls are performed.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:42 AM

Toyota
Old 11-29-2020, 06:57 AM

We have had a lexus for several years, even before moving to Florida. We recently took it to Lexus of Orlando for recall of airbags. I must say it was a delightful day. They gave me a loaner car and I went to IKEA and mall of Melania. During this time they called me because they gave the car a full maintenance check and found a bubble on side of one tires. Having already talked about new tires, we decided to buy from the dealer. They told us to drive the loaner home, back to the Villages, they needed to order the tires. This was on a Monday and their valet brought our car to our home on Wednesday morning. Service was excellent, very courteous and we were very pleased with price and everyone we dealt with. Our car had been washed when it came home.
We do not get oil changed there. Love Lexus
Old 11-29-2020, 07:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodder1 View Post
I am considering a Lexus for my next vehicle, but closest dealer is Orlando. Is that correct ? And how are current Lexus owners getting their vehicle serviced ? Seems like a long way to go for an oil change and routine maintenance.
Perhaps consider a Toyota Avalon Hybrid, which received Consumer Reports #1 rating for large cars. I know several people who have switched from a Lexus to an Avalon and are very pleased, saying it is just as luxurious, a lot cheaper, and gets an average of 42 mpg, which is sort of like driving a golf cart.
2020 Toyota Avalon Reviews, Ratings, Prices - Consumer Reports 2021 Toyota Avalon Reviews, Ratings, Prices - Consumer Reports
Old 11-29-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I'm in the market for a new car. I've had two Lexus vehicles in the past and enjoyed them. I'm just not interested in driving 50 miles to a dealership to have it serviced properly. Plenty of options in Leesburg over by the airport on 'the 441 auto mile'.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:23 AM

After the first two free visits with a new Lexus at a Lexus dealership, I go to Phillips Toyota in Leesburg for ALL service visits. Have been doing that for eight years. This is sixth Lexus. Phillips has been great (see Rhonda). They keep a maintenance record of your vehicle and know what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, and at a lower price then you would get from any Lexus dealership around.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:37 AM

I have had Lexus for years. They will come to your house, drop off a loaner and take your car. Even for routine service. Wesley Chapel has been great.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

I could always afford a high end car, but never felt they were worth the money. I buy a low end car, change the oil every 5,000 miles, and sell it at about 60,000 miles. That's about it. Never take it back to the dealer except for a warranty issue. I think that most of the recommended maintenance items for cars are not necessary. Also, I don't agree that maintaining detailed service records from a dealer is going to increase resale value for any car.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodder1 View Post
I am considering a Lexus for my next vehicle, but closest dealer is Orlando. Is that correct ? And how are current Lexus owners getting their vehicle serviced ? Seems like a long way to go for an oil change and routine maintenance.
Well, if youre not firm on a Lexus, look at Lincolns. Gorgeous cars and they pick up your car when it needs servicing and give you a loaner. Cant get better service than that and has many other conveniences
Old 11-29-2020, 07:50 AM

I'm on my tenth Lexus. They almost never need service from the dealer.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:00 AM

We do the same while in Orlando, but Wesley Chapel says they pick up and drop off in TV, so we may use that service.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:01 AM

We bought ours at Wesley Chapel. If you want they will come to your house drop offxa loaner take yoyr car for service then bring it back. No extra charge. Also free car washs
Old 11-29-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We have a Mercedes and Gainesville dealer drives here, gives us a new car for a loaner, takes ours to Gainesville for service and returns it to us. And I didn’t even buy the car there. And the cost of their service is SIGNIFICANTLY less then I was paying in Northern Virginia and I had to take it to the dealer there. So guess where I am buying my next one.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:08 AM
Default Service beyond belief

If you buy a NEW car or a CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED car at Lexus of Wesley Chapel you get FREE oil changes and tire rotation for LIFE. You schedule it, they come to The Villages and get your car, leave you a loaner and then do the reverse when your car is finished. No matter what you have done there, they always offer to wash your car before you leave. I recently purchased windshield wipers there, had them put them on for me AND they washed the car!!!!

You can also choose to take the car in yourself and they will give you a loaner to go shopping or such. You can also choose to sit in the very lovely waiting room and watch one of the 4 oversized televisions, have a barista drink, a breakfast item, a bakery item, a soda or ALL of it FREE while you wait! Wesley Chapel is BEYOND WONDERFUL! I purchased a 5 year old, certified pre-owned, RX 350 from them and I receive ALL of the services I have told you about! AND the deal I got on car itself was incredible. If I ever am in the market for another car it WILL be purchased there!

If you are looking for a pre-owned be sure to ask for Charles Calise. He will take good care of you!
Old 11-29-2020, 08:12 AM

There is a dealership in Wesley Chapel which is North of Tampa. I have used them for several years.
Closed Thread

Tags
lexus, vehicle, serviced, long, owners

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.