Local Car Dealer Experiences

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Founder
Default Local Car Dealer Experiences

Several years ago, we had our car serviced at Sullivan Cadillac in Ocala. We were extremely dissatisfied with the service, so we switched to another dealership.

Today, I got a call from a woman who said, (And this is an accurate quote), "This is Sullivan Cadillac....In lieu of the tornado damage, we are calling to see if you are okay." First of all, "In Lieu of..." means...."instead of" and secondly, how dare they use a natural disaster as a sales promotion? What were they going to do if I had sustained damage....offer some kind of help.....like maybe sell me a new car or repair a damaged one at full price? I thanked her for her inquiry and then I hung up.

Hey Sullivan Cadillac.....I didn't like the service I got from you before.....and I am surely not going to buy something from you now.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to WCDANCR Send a message via Skype™ to WCDANCR
Exclamation Sullivan cadillac/buick

Friend of mine recently bought a used car from Sullivan. She bought under the condition that a certain item (console top) would be repaired. Within a week the top came off and and they didn't want to do anything more. , She talked to Buick headquarters which put some prerssure on them but another friend ended up fixing it. Then withing a few weeks the front part of thr dash pops up( bet it had been jerry rigged just like the console top. Then a couple weeks later the engine light comes on. Unbelievable.
These people did NOT want to do anything but get there money and be done with it.
If you are thinking about Sullivan car dealers, think again, or be very careful.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Gold member

Bit of advice, Never ever deal with Ford of Ocala. The branch office in Bellview. Stay away. They really tried to pull a fast one on me. They got caught. Offered 50 dollar free coupon I said no thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Bit of advice, Never ever deal with Ford of Ocala. The branch office in Bellview. Stay away. They really tried to pull a fast one on me. They got caught. Offered 50 dollar free coupon I said no thanks.
my husband and I bought a 2008 FOrd Edge from Ford of Ocala...we dealt with the Bellview office. We have never had a bit of trouble with sales, service. We do all oil changes there. THey are reasonable, accomodating and if we have an issue with the car, they offer to see us the same day! I would use them again for my next purchase.....
Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Sage

The original post on this was over 4.5 years ago!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeybabe View Post
my husband and I bought a 2008 FOrd Edge from Ford of Ocala...we dealt with the Bellview office. We have never had a bit of trouble with sales, service. We do all oil changes there. THey are reasonable, accomodating and if we have an issue with the car, they offer to see us the same day! I would use them again for my next purchase.....
Bogeybabe I absolutely love your avatar. What a precious picture!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post

About 5 years ago, they charged my 80 something YO mother over $1,000 to replace a PCV valve in her ten year old Crown Vic.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Gold member
Default Huh?

$1000.00 for a PCV valve That would go over great on my show!

Did they have to remove the entire top end of the engine to find it?

WOW never heard of that for a pcv valve?

Would like to see the work order
Old 12-06-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Several years ago, we had our car serviced at Sullivan Cadillac in Ocala. We were extremely dissatisfied with the service, so we switched to another dealership.

Today, I got a call from a woman who said, (And this is an accurate quote), "This is Sullivan Cadillac....In lieu of the tornado damage, we are calling to see if you are okay." First of all, "In Lieu of..." means...."instead of" and secondly, how dare they use a natural disaster as a sales promotion? What were they going to do if I had sustained damage....offer some kind of help.....like maybe sell me a new car or repair a damaged one at full price? I thanked her for her inquiry and then I hung up.

Hey Sullivan Cadillac.....I didn't like the service I got from you before.....and I am surely not going to buy something from you now.
Why post a slam such as this 5 years after it was originally posted?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Gold member

Bogeybabe, Good for you. They are treating you right. However, they cheated us,To the sum of almost $2000.Took another Ford dealership to clear up the matter. Two employees where written up for this bad behavior. What they did was really bad. Advice to you ,keep checking your warrenty,that where they try to get you. Glad you are happy with them, we where NOT.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 PM

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I went to buy a new car locally. Florida dealers are so far advanced in customer fraud that I can't understand how they stay in business. The use of bumper stickers (the side sticker adding thousands for etching the VIN on windows, spraying the seats with Scothguard, etc.) and then hundreds more in "dealer fees" after the sale is negotiated. Any reasonable consumer will have to buy on-line or out of state to avoid these common scams. Buying out of state and away from the shysters is very easy and the DVM makes the paperwork very simple. I have gone out of state to purchase my last two new cars to get away from the scams most local dealers run on us older buyers. I wonder how many of the TV'ers have been cheated out of thousands of dollars on a basic car? Most car sales in FL are 20% SCAM!!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark View Post
That is the nature of the internet. Once online, it is always online. However, in this instance, a thread on this forum and, in fact, most forums is active until closed by the moderator. This post was "not" reposted. Today's posts are simply on the title of the thread and not comments on the original post.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark View Post
Talk Host has moved on, but his legacy remains. Such is the Internet.

Members can resurrect threads at any time, to make a point.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Gold member
Default My *Favorite* Car Ads

Friday ads almost always include at least one of these:

About 6 or so different models:

$12,999 $11,999 $15,999 $21,999 $19,999 $27,999

Then (if you can) read the extremely fine print - usually something like this - "After $5000 down cash or trade".
Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

Members can resurrect threads at any time, to make a point.
And apparently the thread is still valid or it would have died way before now. Just cause it's old doesn't mean it not still an active problem.
In reality, they're different!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.