Logan's Landscaping review

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2023, 10:15 AM
Thumbs down Logan's Landscaping review

Friends and Neighbors:

You may have noticed that Claire and I had landscaping walls recently built around our planters in our front yard, which looks good from the street . In choosing a landscaping company to do the job, I contacted 5 contractors and received similar bids from the top 3 for the job. I had requested each contractor to provide me with a diagram showing what they were proposing and only Logan of Logan's Landscaping provided us with said diagram, which was instrumental in awarding him the job. During the time of construction, Claire and I were out of town for 4 days and when we returned, we were diagnosed for a 2nd time with Covid. In resprespect, I made mistakes in not being available to watch and approve the construction phase and paying Logan for the job, prior to completion.

Problems: 1. The material blocks used for the retaining walls were damaged when delivered and installed incorrectly (gaps). 2. New plants were not what we were told would be planted, and 3. Damage by their tractor to our front lawn was not repaired. All of which Logan promised to correct. When I asked his 2 laborers why they had installed the damaged blocks, they replied "that is what was delivered and were told to install". It was confirmed by Logan that these laborers , being 17 and 18 years of age, were his students and learning how to construct the walls (apparently with minimal supervision).

Cost to Repair:
Replace and remove the damaged retaining wall blocks and close up the gaps: Unknown
Replace plants: Unknown
Lawn: Massey provided us with a cost estimate of $350
New planter sprinklers installed correctly ? : Unknown (covered with rock)

Recommendation: Never, Never, Never use Logan's Landscaping for anything.

Gary Ross and Claire Jacobson
1764 Lake Miona Drive
The Villages, FL 32162
Old 01-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Platinum member

Is this the same Logan that was in a horrific auto accident in September? If so, I’m happy to see that he’s back on his feet already.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:06 PM

I hope they acquired ARC approval.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
I hope they acquired ARC approval.
If you're that concerned, ask the OP directly, as the homeowner is ultimately the one who is responsible for making sure approval has been granted before the job starts.

Last edited by photo1902; 01-24-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
landscaping, job, logan, unknown, blocks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.