Looking for artist touch up for driveway artwork

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Default Looking for artist touch up for driveway artwork

I am in need for an airbrush artist to tough up my driveway artwork. The original artist, Trish Karz, is one of the best, but is unable and/or unwilling to return to touch up the badly faded artwork on my driveway. Anyone have a recommendation of an artist I can contact?
Old 05-02-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
I am in need for an airbrush artist to tough up my driveway artwork. The original artist, Trish Karz, is one of the best, but is unable and/or unwilling to return to touch up the badly faded artwork on my driveway. Anyone have a recommendation of an artist I can contact?
My choice would be Florida Deck and Pool. They have an older Hispanic gentleman who is the best driveway artist I have ever seen.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
My choice would be Florida Deck and Pool. They have an older Hispanic gentleman who is the best driveway artist I have ever seen.
Thanks, are they local? I will try a google search/
Old 05-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Default Unwilling is probably the truth

Quote:
What you are looking to have done is a unique art; in the same league as painting restoration or money forging.
If, you can find someone to do it, it is almost impossible that it will
look right in the constantly changing light. Also, since the new paint, even it the color is perfect when the person leaves, it will fade at a different rate than the original paint.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,245 Posts

One more word of caution, it is possible the new paint may be incompatible with the old paint. We had this happen to us when we had the lanai painted to match our new birdcage. The old paint is failing causing the new paint to flake off. IMHO, I would get an estimate to repair and have an extended discussion about expectations on longevity of the repair (possible warranty) then I would get an estimate or 2 for having the driveway stripped and all new paint applied (or another coating process).
Hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
One more word of caution, it is possible the new paint may be incompatible with the old paint. We had this happen to us when we had the lanai painted to match our new birdcage. The old paint is failing causing the new paint to flake off. IMHO, I would get an estimate to repair and have an extended discussion about expectations on longevity of the repair (possible warranty) then I would get an estimate or 2 for having the driveway stripped and all new paint applied (or another coating process).
Hope this helps.
Makes sense
Old 05-07-2019, 08:55 AM

Thanks for all of the useful comments. Have not found anyone yet. My only hope is that the original artist, Trish Karz, sees this and feels sorry for me and gets back into the business.

Thanks All!
Old 05-07-2019, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,245 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for all of the useful comments. Have not found anyone yet. My only hope is that the original artist, Trish Karz, sees this and feels sorry for me and gets back into the business.

Thanks All!
Hopefully, you can at least get in touch with her and find out what paint she used, that 'should' eliminate the incompatibility issue I raised. good luck with your quest.

Tags
artist, driveway, artwork, tough, faded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.