Looking for Driveway painter that can paint a pelican

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2021, 04:48 PM
Default Looking for Driveway painter that can paint a pelican

reposting for clarity as suggested. Thanks for all the responses to the original post.

The previous owner of my home had the driveway painted and it now needs some maintenance. I have been told it is best to get the original contractor back to ensure incompatible materials are not applied that can damage the finish. But I have no idea who the original contractor was. There seems to be rather unique picture and perhaps if I post it we can identify who applied it. My house is on Markridge Loop in the village of Pennecamp. Please see the attached photo of the driveway art and let me know if you did this work or know who did , or who can. Thank you .
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	driveway.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	90382  
Old 08-09-2021, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I completely understand your concerns. Here is what I suggest, call or go to Sherwin Williams, and get the smallest containers for a solvent based clear coat, and a water based clear coat. Then in a inconspicuous location test each. If the solvent based attacks the paint, DO NOT USE. You still need to be very careful. The company that painted our driveway, 6-7 years ago with Xylene based paint (stain), stated they no longer do clear coating due to possible clouding of the clear coat. I have seen this reported several times before. I have no other advice at this time. We have decided based on the advice to not have driveway clear coated.

Tags
original, driveway, applied, contractor, post

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.