Lawn Maintenance

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Gold member
Question Lawn Maintenance

Living in NW Ohio right now-where you cut the grass and then it grows overnight and needs cut again the very next day. How does this compare with the lawns in The Villages?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatzPajamas View Post
Living in NW Ohio right now-where you cut the grass and then it grows overnight and needs cut again the very next day. How does this compare with the lawns in The Villages?
Once a week will do it. In the Winter it can usually go every two weeks or longer. Our mower comes once a week and in the winter they just do the edging, weed whacking, and blowing on the weeks they don't mow.

Price? $9.22 a week - can you beat it? Why would you buy, store and maintain the equipment?

Xavier
Old 05-15-2011, 08:48 AM

Katz i mow my own grass and right now i need to cut it right around every 7th day . Sometime every 5th day depends if it rains.I have st augustine grass as opposed to zoya in the southern part of the villages. Zoya can be cut shorter than augustine. I used to cut mine shorter to make it look prettier but i also found out that if you cut augustine too short it doesnt stay healthy and can develop dead areas. Then if that gets too bad you have to go buy some sod to fill it in and thats too much like work.I think i have my mower set at 2 and 1/2 inches now. Maybe 3. It starts getting shaggy on about the 5th day after i mow it. But the st augustine will look nice if you take care of it properly.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Default who does your lawn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Once a week will do it. In the Winter it can usually go every two weeks or longer. Our mower comes once a week and in the winter they just do the edging, weed whacking, and blowing on the weeks they don't mow.

Price? $9.22 a week - can you beat it? Why would you buy, store and maintain the equipment?

Xavier
Wondering who you have for your yard. Our service never comes except to mow, and so far that's only been once a week.

Cynthia, class of 1967
Muscatine, Iowa City and Newton, IA; Belmont, Sunnyvale & San Bernardino, CA; Biloxi, MS; Cleveland TN & The Villages
Old 05-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynkr67 View Post
Wondering who you have for your yard. Our service never comes except to mow, and so far that's only been once a week.
"Once A Year Termite & Pest Control", but I don't believe they are taking new mowing customers. They run a two page insert ad every Sunday in the Daily Sun and I haven't seen mowing offered in some time.

Xavier
Old 05-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Platinum member

Tri-County comes once a week (very reliable) mows, trims and weeds for $45 a month.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.