Looking at exterminators any suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2018, 07:11 AM

Mrs. Robinson

You don't recommend regular bug treatments. I had a termite inspection done when I bought my home and am cllear but should I be having regular preventative treatments for termites?

Thx
Old 01-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy4 View Post
Mrs. Robinson

You don't recommend regular bug treatments. I had a termite inspection done when I bought my home and am cllear but should I be having regular preventative treatments for termites?

Thx
For info:

You are going to get many opinions, be aware though many termite treatments also serve as pest treatments. I mention this because it seems to be important to you.

Taurus SC is commonly used as a termitecide. It is also effective against ants and other common pests. It is available on Amazon. You are going to get a lot of scare posts about you must use a professional and you have to dig a trench around your home. In fact the professionals just spray Taurus sc once around your home once or twice a year. It is a very easy DIY job.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Mrs. Robinson

Thx
No, I don't recommend regular bug treatments of any kind and I don't recommend termite "preventive" treatments either.

If you have a concern, have a termite inspection every couple of years.
One of my houses in south Florida was 30 years old and never had termites and I never treated or did anything preventive.

By the time most of the houses in TV have a sign of termites, we will all be pushing daisies up with our chests!
Old 01-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You can go to the big box stores and get the chemicals you need. There is one that even has an electric (battery) pump. Spray once a month and you should be fine.
I would get a chemical for the outside that includes termites and spray that once a month. I would also use a professional co for termite protection as you are actually buying insurance.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Default Exterminator

Mrs. Robinson

I've seen your posts that you don't advocate bug treatment plans but wonder if this includes termite treatments? I had an inspection done when I bought my home and am clear but should I have regular treatments?
As a long-term resident would appreciate your opinion on this. Thanks
Old 01-09-2018, 12:01 PM

Mrs. Robinson - does this include termite treatments. I had an inspection done when I bought my house and am free but wonder if I need regular treatments an by who? Thx
Old 01-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Mrs. Robinson

I've seen your posts that you don't advocate bug treatment plans but wonder if this includes termite treatments? I had an inspection done when I bought my home and am clear but should I have regular treatments?
As a long-term resident would appreciate your opinion on this. Thanks
Quote:
Mrs. Robinson - does this include termite treatments. I had an inspection done when I bought my house and am free but wonder if I need regular treatments an by who? Thx

Anyone who has read my comments over the years regarding any type of pest control, knows I don't recommend ongoing pest control (contracts) treatments ever.
I only believe in treating a problem when you have one, and not using chemicals because you want to prevent a bug from entering your property.
Others may disagree, but ongoing treatments are simply indiscriminate use of chemicals when there is no apparent reason for doing that.

Most of these chemicals leave a residual poison in your home and yard and build up over time; they leech into the ground water and poison the environment.

If you have termite concerns, have a termite inspection every other year or so, but prepared for the company to sell you their service.
These pest control companies have put the fear of God into most Village residents, when in fact, their service is totally unnecessary.

If you care about the environment and future generations (your grandchildren), you will only use these chemicals when it is absolutely necessary and not as a preventive.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM
Chaser

There's no service by Heron for $89.00 per year.
Closed Thread

Tags
i’m, hiring, 80-90, labor, gave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.