Looking for Hair Colorist

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2021, 06:41 AM
Default Looking for Hair Colorist

My mother is looking for a salon or person who can color her hair for a reasonable price. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Tuscany Salon and Day Spa in Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordenny View Post
My mother is looking for a salon or person who can color her hair for a reasonable price. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you.
"Reasonable" is such a relative term. I pay about ~$90 plus tip every four weeks for cut and color. Some people consider that outrageous, others do not. What is she used to paying and what is she willing to pay for someone who comes highly recommended?

kathy
Old 05-08-2021, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

During the lockdowns, I started doing my wifes color.
I got so good at it, I now can't get her to go too the hairdressers to get it done!
Think it's time for major disaster!
Old 06-11-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
"Reasonable" is such a relative term. I pay about ~$90 plus tip every four weeks for cut and color. Some people consider that outrageous, others do not. What is she used to paying and what is she willing to pay for someone who comes highly recommended?

kathy
What is the name of Salon/person you use? My wife and I just moved here but back home we were the same. About $110 every 4-5 weeks for cut, colo0r/highlights depending on need. Thank you
Old 06-11-2021, 10:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

If you don’t have graying or gray hair, it’s hard to find a good low light and highlight professional. Up north it’s about $150 for cut style, and high and low lights. So far I have not found anyone that I have returned for a second time. So I wait and when traveling I make an appointment with tried and tru salons
Old 06-20-2021, 10:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschwan9 View Post
What is the name of Salon/person you use? My wife and I just moved here but back home we were the same. About $110 every 4-5 weeks for cut, colo0r/highlights depending on need. Thank you
Sorry. I just saw this.

I go to Kristine Todd at Hair Cuttery in Mulberry Grove. Since the chain went bankrupt and was purchased by another company AND the pandemic caused them to close down for a while their prices have gone up. I now pay $105 plus tip. I recommend Kristine if you don't mind driving to Mulberry Grove.

k.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Thank you.
Cordenny. I bet you could do it. I colored our daughter's hair for years. Go to Publix and find the color and a brand you recognize. Get a plastic tablecloth and put it on the floor and use a comfortable outdoor chair. Let the color develop for 45 minutes. Rinse it well, use the conditioner that comes in the box.

Helene has let her hair go to au naturale and now she has white hair that looks like she is a platinum blond. A lot of people did that during the pandemic.

Just my thoughts not my directions.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:52 AM
Smile hairdresser

Quote:
Thank you.
You can call Barb @ 352 516 9876 Emilee's Salon
Closed Thread

Tags
hair, suggestions, price, reasonable, color

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.