Looking For Home Automation Contractor

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2020, 07:57 AM
Default Looking For Home Automation Contractor

Hi
I am looking for someone who does home automation (such as smart locks ,thermostat, cameras,etc.) I am looking for a reputable person who will do more of a service maintenance of the smart devices . I am capable of installing the devices that I will be using myself. But being a distance owner I don't have the luxury to change the batteries on a smart device or reset/reconnect devices to the wifi
Thanks
Old 05-27-2020, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Good luck. I think it will be difficult to find someone who has the knowledge to do what want for a reasonable price. I would find a dependable home watch person and train them to do the specific tasks that you need.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Hmmmm lots of hi tech gear , when I’m here I leave door open when I’m away I lock the door and have a neighbor walk through the house and flush toilets once a week , my system has worked pretty well in 5 house here lol
Old 05-27-2020, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

Check with Tom at Village AV. He does smart home stuff but I don't know if he provides all the services you are looking for. 3523881677

Just a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlasowicz View Post
Hi
I am looking for someone who does home automation (such as smart locks ,thermostat, cameras,etc.) I am looking for a reputable person who will do more of a service maintenance of the smart devices . I am capable of installing the devices that I will be using myself. But being a distance owner I don't have the luxury to change the batteries on a smart device or reset/reconnect devices to the wifi
Thanks
Old 05-27-2020, 10:28 AM
DAIII

Get NEST- they have smart door locks, cameras, thermostats, doorbells, smoke detectors and more. You install in seconds.. or.. call MUNNS heating and AC they are an authorized dealer. (and they install they give more warranty)

I had MUNNS do the hard stuff.. Thermostat. (I wasn't 100% sure) rest was easy.. doorbells wired - unscrew and add . Nest has facial recognition and if you have the nest smart lock can auto open for that person. Key-less world!

Smoke detector is carbon and smoke (10 yr) no battery to replace is wired w/battery backup. has a motion sensing night light, walk under it illuminates. (can disable too)
Old 05-28-2020, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Do you have a moat ???
Old 05-28-2020, 12:00 PM

Its seems of all the contractors I have called either never return my call or text ( poor customer service as far as I am concerned whether they want to do the job or not) or the ones that do respond only want to sell you their stuff and service only what they sell. It appears in The Villages there is no one does the kind of work I am looking for. I look it as a appliance repair company . You call them to fix your stove or fridge etc and they will service any make or brand. Maybe its a business I should start myself when I fully retire and come down to the villages. One business suggested a home watch to do what I am looking for. Unless a home watch person is pretty tech savvy their going to call me and tell its not working and find someone to do the repair.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:16 PM

Another thumbs up for Tom at Villages AV.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:39 PM

The Geek Squad at Best Buy installed my Ring stuff. My home watch guy replaces batteries when needed..
Old 05-28-2020, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlasowicz View Post
Hi
Thanks
IMHO, with detailed instructions your home watch (or neighbor) should be able to do what you want. Batteries typically require a small screw driver and the appropriate batteries, Resetting the WiFi can be a little more complicated depending on your system. If everything is setup to auto connect, you could possibly use a smart outlet setup to turn off and on IF it does not receive a command from you say once per day. Or you could just have a simple time clock that resets once per day. I am sure there are way to accomplish what you want with out a home automation expert.
On a side note, I have a system with several units that use batteries, and some of these have not needed replacement of over 3 years, and I see the activity light every time I enter the room. (This is a public forum so I will not disclose any details about my system.)

Tags
smart, devices, home, automation, distance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.