lowes or home depot for countertops and cabinets for the kitchen

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2020, 04:45 PM
Default lowes or home depot for countertops and cabinets for the kitchen

has anyone used home depot or lowes for buying and installing kitchen cabinets and quartz countertops????/
Old 07-24-2020, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

I've used both in different cities. I found them to be very similar and don't have a preference. Both have a limited range of common product lines with comparable price points. My gripe at both was waiting around for the design consultants even with an appointment. A lot of client satisfaction depends on how knowledgeable and helpful the consultant is, especially if you're not sure what you want.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,848 Times in 5,249 Posts

Why not go direct, plenty of companies here can do the work and installation.

We have used both Lowes and Home Depot for projects and sometimes works out well and sometimes not so good.

Their installers can leave you scratching your head.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr kibbles View Post
has anyone used home depot or lowes for buying and installing kitchen cabinets and quartz countertops????/
Remember that they hire the contractors. They are not HD or Lowe’s employees. We had good luck with HD years ago for carpeting but a friend had an awful time with a backsplash here in TV. It was all in the contractor the store used who did not even know how to install their particular type of backsplash. I would go with a company that has their own employees and does not subcontract out the work.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:15 AM
Default Lowe's Installation

We just had Lowe's install (their contractor) backsplash and tile on the backside of our sink area. The installer did a great job! Ensured everything was perfect, made wonderful recommendations, cleaned up every day, etc. Just wonderful!!!!
Old 07-25-2020, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr kibbles View Post
We had Lowes redo a bathroom for us up north. What a hassle. After that experience we decided to not use them (or Home Depot) when we remodeled a kitchen in Ft Lauderdale

The big box stores sub out the work....the contractor is running a number of jobs at the same time and is rarely present onsite...the guys that are onsite are always nice, but often don't speak English and were quite often on the phone getting clarity from the boss...which delayed things

We've gone with different small kitchen remodeling specialty companies twice now and have been very happy with the experience and the outcome...and in the end, the price wasn't that much more than the big box store prices...as we had them quote too
Old 07-25-2020, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,848 Times in 5,249 Posts

We went to one of the stores for carpeting a few years ago.

Due to graining we had to purchase say 35 yards when only say 25 yards were needed.

Dear wife had to have it.

Than they insisted we had to buy 35 yards of padding. When I asked why they hemmed and hawed and finally admitted nobody ever pushed back on it before but that was company policy.

Suffice it to say we bought carpet elsewhere.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:44 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,325 Posts

I used Lowes for the kitchen and bath cabinets and quartz counters. I used my own contractor. Turned out great. My friend used Home Depot and their contractor, not so good for them.
Closed Thread

Tags
lowes, home, depot, countertops, cabinets

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.