Lowes, Home Depot & Sears

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 AM

I'm in the market for a new fridge also and am paying attention to repair records, etc. Samsung seems to have a bad rep; I've read some repair people even refuse to work on the Brand because of the difficulty in getting parts. Unfortunately there aren't many fridges that fit the width limitation of 35.5" - Samsung has them.

The article below is on extended warranties.

Most Reliable / Least Serviced Appliance Brands of 2017 -2018(Reviews / Ratings)
Old 02-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
You purchased extended warranties and Lowe’s would not honor them?

Correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Sage
Default Lowes, Home Depot & Sears

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneroses View Post
I'm in the market for a new fridge also and am paying attention to repair records, etc. Samsung seems to have a bad rep; I've read some repair people even refuse to work on the Brand because of the difficulty in getting parts. Unfortunately there aren't many fridges that fit the width limitation of 35.5" - Samsung has them.

The article below is on extended warranties.

Most Reliable / Least Serviced Appliance Brands of 2017 -2018(Reviews / Ratings)

As the article notes, Samsung does not have a national service network. According to to some service techs I’ve talked with, Samsung stocks some parts (like mother boards) only in Korea.

So, you have a product with no service network, difficulty in getting parts, some parts only available from Korea, and products that service techs hate to work on.

Must be why Lowe’s couldn’t/wouldn’t honor the extended service warrantee on Samsung products I brought to TV when we moved here.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Gold member

We purchased a Samsung dishwasher through Lowe's about 3 years ago. We did get the extended warranty. It quit working in November. Lowe's service has been out 5 times since then and it's still not fixed. It is supposed to be replaced, but they refuse to do it. We are waiting for another call today to see what they plan to do this time. We have never had a problem like this, so I don't know what to expect. I do know that I will not buy from Lowe's again.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
We purchased a Samsung dishwasher through Lowe's about 3 years ago. We did get the extended warranty. It quit working in November. Lowe's service has been out 5 times since then and it's still not fixed. It is supposed to be replaced, but they refuse to do it. We are waiting for another call today to see what they plan to do this time. We have never had a problem like this, so I don't know what to expect. I do know that I will not buy from Lowe's again.

I’ll go further. Not only won’t I buy from Lowe’s again, but I’ll never purchase another Samsung product (except for a TV maybe - and those are virtually disposable anyway)

Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Gold member
Default "They refuse to do it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
There is an art to get things done. First you want to mark down the name of each person you speak to. Often the names are not real. Often they will refuse to give you a last name. So spoke to John means nothing. Which John. Are they real? What coutry are they in. If, they won't give you proper information ask for a supervisor.

Phone calls. Yes, they are easy, quick etc. CONFIRM WITH A LETTER. Priority mail will cost you about $5.00 and you can confirm that it is delivered. You can easily research the name of the top people at say Lowes, Home depo etc. A priority letter to the top person will get action. He/she/it may never see your letter but it will be seen by their assistant and you will get action.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

In my opinion, extended warranties are a waste of money. I would never buy one.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Default Please don’t buy Samsung appliances

As you can see,I rarely post here,but I can’t help myself. We bought microwave, gas stove, refrigerator and dishwasher, all Samsung in July 2016. The appliances are beautiful black stainless. They may be beautiful on the outside BUT we have had problems with the refrigerator and dishwasher. In fact,at this moment, I’m waiting for repairman to replace 3 major components for dishwasher. The only reason we have been lucky enough to have repairs to refrigerator and dishwasher with no charge is because my husband is incredibly determined. Very long story short-please buy another brand.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Veteran member

Another Lowes horror story. On 11/8/17 I ordered a fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher. All were to be delivered by 12/26/17. Received 3 phone calls that the dishwasher was in, but when the installer went to the warehouse, they couldn't find it. Finally was delivered and installed yesterday. On 12/26 the fridge was delivered. Not the one that I ordered. Correct one delivered1/26/18. Two down. Stove finally delivered 1/24/18. Three down. Microwave will be in sometime the end of April. I am assured that it will be here! Yet, when I go on the manufacturer's site, it is no longer listed. Call Lowes. Nope, they assure me that it will be delivered in early May! They have cordially extended payments on it until July. My original intent was to pay cash. So glad that I didn't. I probably would still be waiting in July. If washer or dryer goes, I will NEVER purchase them at Lowes. And, yes, I have spoken to the store manager and the regional manager on several occasions which is how I got 20% taken off the price and the extension on paying for the microwave, but I still have a mismatched kitchen. NEVER AGAIN!
Old 02-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybee1 View Post
We bought microwave, gas stove, refrigerator and dishwasher, all Samsung in July 2016. Very long story short-please buy another brand.
Yikes, obviously we should have done more homework.
Hopefully we won't have problems. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

//

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
At ease Mrs. Barefoot. What we've got here is a failure to communicate. I believe you will be fine if the models you bought were highly rated. We bought the front loading Samsung washer & Dryer based on Consumer Reports recommendation. I bought the 5-year warranty from Home Depot. If they can't fix them they have to replace them so who cares.

75 million houses being built in the near future in our area and no qualified repair personal, I think that's true now but should improve shortly. LG & Samsung realize they are loosing out to lower end companies and don't want that to happen. Business is slipping away. The old school repair people are gone for the most part. New service people are part changers until they get it fixed.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:06 AM
Default Best Buy was my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Which store do you feel has the best after purchase customer service?

I am buying a refrigerator and a gas range/oven and have found models I like on all 3 websites.

Just curious who you feel provides the best customer service in case we have a problem with either appliance.

Thank you.

PS

I never buy appliance insurance/maintenance but am interested in your opinion on that as well -- the stove will probably be in the $7-800 range and the refrigerator in the $1800 - $2000 range.
I have remodeled a couple of condos and after shopping till I was ready to drop I decided on Best Buy. They had the best prices and I also received points. They’ll match prices and deliver
Old 02-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001
Which store do you feel has the best after purchase customer service?

I am buying a refrigerator and a gas range/oven and have found models I like on all 3 websites.

Just curious who you feel provides the best customer service in case we have a problem with either appliance...
Last April our original Whirlpool washer and dryer that were in our CYV gave out after six years. I opened Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy and Amazon websites and studied the reviews and least amount of repairs. I found the LG top loading washer and dryer were the best overall. I then compared prices. Lowes has the 10% veteran discount, but the washer was already $80 cheaper at Best Buy and Lowes didn't have the matching dryer that I wanted with the 2-way opening glass door. Home Depot didn't offer the models and Amazon seemed too hard to deal with.

I went to Best Buy and free delivery was included, and unlike Lowes that delivers from their local store, availability is based on the store's inventory. Best Buy comes from a main warehouse near Orlando and has a greater amount of stock of what's on their website. I was able to get a $100 gift card, free haulaway of the old washer and dryer ($30 value), and the washer was already $80 cheaper than Lowes and they gave me $80 off on the dryer.

I purchased the LG WT7500CW washer and the LG DLE7200WE dryer.

The Villages Florida

In 2012 I purchased a Kenmore french door stainless refrigerator from Sears. Two years later I had to remove the ice maker and back panel of the freezer section to knock ice off the coils. The past October I had the same problem again plus the ice maker fill line would drip water and I would end up with a 20 pound block of ice in the tray everyday. Rather than spend money fixing the $1300 piece of crap. I decided now was a good time to buy all new stainless appliances.

Originally I was limited to a refrigerator 34" or narrower in our CYV kitchen, also I was limited to 68" in height behind the door hinge. I got saw and trimmed the botton of the cabinet and now had 69" clearance.

Once again after studying the four websites I chose the LG stainless package at Best Buy was what I wanted. The package wasn't advertised in their flyer but they knocked at least $100 off each item, and of course free delivery and free haulaway of the old appliances. Since we had the cheap Villages water faucet behind the refrigerator, we had to buy a new valve and hose, which the delivery men installed.

For my narrow and slightly short space I purchased the LG LDCS24223S refrigerator for $999. It's only 33" wide, has the bottom freezer but only a single door on top. It actually gave me much more inside space than the Kenmore french door it replaced.

The Villages Florida

LG LDF5545ST dishwasher for $449.

The Villages Florida

LG LMV2031ST microwave for $199.

The Villages Florida

LG LRE3061ST Electric Oven for $499.

The Villages Florida

I had also earned $55 in my Best Buy account, so in December I purchased two Fitbits that were on sale and used my credit. Not included, I also purchased a Samsung 75" 4K TV last April. It was a floor model marked down $700, I got the same assist manager that helped me with the washer and dryer, and offered him a price $200 lower, and he accepted it. I guess you could say I am a Best Buy fan.

Hope this information helps you!!

Last edited by John_W; 02-15-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:44 AM
Platinum member

We have a Samsung washer and dryer. Both are junk. the repairman said they keep him busy. You could flush your jeans in the toilet , and come up with a better wash.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Closed Thread

Tags
service, customer, refrigerator, range, appliance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.