Lowes, Home Depot & Sears

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
We have a Samsung washer and dryer. Both are junk. the repairman said they keep him busy. You could flush your jeans in the toilet , and come up with a better wash.
Usually we are singing from the same song sheet, but we sure have different ideas about a Samsung washer and dryer.
I applaud your use of the toilet comparison, yuck.
We rented a Villa last year because we had a garage fire. The Villa had a Samsung washer and dryer and I absolutely loved them.
I purposely bought identical Samsung appliances. So far, so good.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I'm going to check Best Buy out right now. I'm limited in what I can get since I need under 35.5" in width and most of the fridges I like are 36" or more. Sigh. I'm replacing a side by side (which I abhor) hopefully with a French Door which I really like.
We did the same. Had to cut 5/8 inch of the counter top next to the Fridge, but we got what we wanted and didn't have to settle for what we didn't want. Unless you have Granite, it's no big deal.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrod View Post
We did the same. Had to cut 5/8 inch of the counter top next to the Fridge, but we got what we wanted and didn't have to settle for what we didn't want. Unless you have Granite, it's no big deal.
I forgot to say that my husband also cut the counter top next to the Fridge (we don't have granite).
He said it's no big deal, but he is very handy.

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-07-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Usually we are singing from the same song sheet, but we sure have different ideas about a Samsung washer and dryer.
I applaud your use of the toilet comparison, yuck.
We rented a Villa last year because we had a garage fire. The Villa had a Samsung washer and dryer and I absolutely loved them.
I purposely bought identical Samsung appliances. So far, so good.
We also have the Samsung front load washer and dryer and they work great, just the dishwasher is junk. Been broke since November and we have no idea of when or if it will ever get fixed. The extended warranty and Lowe's neither one even care.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
We also have the Samsung front load washer and dryer and they work great, just the dishwasher is junk. Been broke since November and we have no idea of when or if it will ever get fixed. The extended warranty and Lowe's neither one even care.
We finally got a check yesterday to buy another dishwasher and NO, we did not buy from Lowe's. We bought from Best Buy and we did get another extended warranty, hope I never need it.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
BK001, you might also check consumer reports on these appliances so you do not get one with a bad rep, or higher than average repairs.

I agree although there only few manufacturers that make most brands. Can go to appliance411 as see who makes what brand. IMO high dollar refrigerator I would get the extended warranty and take good look at the reviews weed out the poor performers.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I forgot to say that my husband also cut the counter top next to the Fridge (we don't have granite).
He said it's no big deal.
O yes the tight spot nightmare. I measured my hole where the fridge went and it suppose to fit with fraction of inch to spare. But I didn't cross measure for squareness. The fridge when half way in and stopped. I had to remove the counter top and cabinet between the stove and fridge cut the countertop and angle and buy smaller cabinet. I also had top clearly problem due to tile raising the floor at least 3/4 of inch. So, I had to shave off bottom of the cabinet that was over the top of the fridge hole cause it was square either. Was night mare, but I got through it.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:49 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

I never purchase warranties because I am 78 and may be dead by the time the appliance(s) wear out or break down. Ditto with subscriptions. I buy one year only.

There was one time I did have an extended warranty, and it turned out that the cost of the repair was much lower than what I paid for the extended warranty.

If you do purchase an extended warranty, make sure to read it first (if the dealer will let you) and see how little the warranty covers. The only things they cover are those that very rarely happen.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
I never purchase warranties because I am 78 and may be dead by the time the appliance(s) wear out or break down. Ditto with subscriptions. I buy one year only.

There was one time I did have an extended warranty, and it turned out that the cost of the repair was much lower than what I paid for the extended warranty.

If you do purchase an extended warranty, make sure to read it first (if the dealer will let you) and see how little the warranty covers. The only things they cover are those that very rarely happen.
How did you get so smart for you're young age? But, always Butt popping up? My money was hard to come by (so I would never buy 2 grand or higher appliance. If I did I would want some hope it would last more that 2 years or get free replacement.

I brought one of them high dollar (to me it was high dollar back then) maytags in 2000. It crapped out in less than 3 years right after the factory warranty expired. With 1000 plus repair cost I drug my 10 year old hotpoimt out of the garage to replace.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:16 PM

We bought 5 appliances from Lowe’s, had problems getting them so went back and chose what was on the floor. They were more expensive but we got them for the same price. We had one item that also would not fit our space, Lowe’s replaced it ASAP. We did get our washer from Speed Queen as we are aware most washers and dryers are made overseas and most break down within a few years. With Lowe’s, we went straight to the manager. He was swift, pleasant and looked after all our issues and even called a few weeks later to check on us. It was a good experience. We will never buy what is not in stock or on the way again. It’s the overseas manufacturing and delivery that cause so many problems. Our last Samsung washer lasted 2 years and Samsung just said...sorry.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Default Best Buy

I shopped all the major players and purchased from Best Buy twice for my condos in Denver. When you buy you will also get points for your purchases and they will match prices. I liked Samsung’s products and now that I’m in the villages I’ll be buying again fro Best Buy.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, customer, refrigerator, range, appliance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.