Magic Jack

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Default Magic Jack

Has anyone had any experience with the Magic Jack? Good or bad?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Default Majic Jak

My brother tried it last year, finally gave up on it, said too many problems.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach232 View Post
Has anyone had any experience with the Magic Jack? Good or bad?
There are dozens of posts on Magic Jack. Just do a search and you'll get lots of info.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Thanks, Walt. Will do.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Default Magic Jack

We have Magic Jack in our house in NH and have had some minor problems but well worth the price of $19.99 a year. Sometimes when placing a call there is a delayed ring but usually only on the first outgoing call when turning on the computer. Also sometimes the connection is not always great when calling a cell phone but that might depend on the end users network or the end users phone.
For the price it is a good deal and usually it works fine.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Location: Utica, New York, Plantation, Florida, The Villages, Florida

We've had magic jack for about 3 years, both in South Florida and now in The Villages. We had to replace it once (which was very easy to do) and haven't had a problem since.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Eternal Member

Had mine for 5+ years. Had to replace it once during this period. Have had some glitches but for the price I really cannot complain

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

I wouldn't use it as the only phone but for $20/yr its a good backup. Mine seems to work good most of the time but then there are times it marginal at best. Since we use cell phone as our main phone Magic Jack is good to keep the minutes down and when it works its better then the verizon cell phone in quality. I disconnect it at times since it doesn't coexist well with my disk writing programs.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:06 AM

I have used Magic Jack for two years without a single problem. The voice quality on our AT&T landline in Alabama was terrible. The Magic Jack connection was always crystal clear.

We moved to TV two months ago. Again, the quality of the Magic Jack connection is crystal clear. I installed internet service and the basic landline phone service from CenturyLink. Unlimited long distance from them was an additional $15 a month. $19.95 a year versus $180 a year was a no-brainer for me.

Maybe the Magic Jack works better with some computers. Ours is connected to a desktop Mac computer. I connected a cordless telephone base station to the Magic Jack and we have two other cordless phones that can be used with it throughout the house. We never experience any delay or dropped calls.

Last edited by Chopper; 08-11-2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 08-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardSims View Post
I have used Magic Jack for two years without a single problem. The voice quality on our AT&T landline in Alabama was terrible. The Magic Jack connection was always crystal clear.

We moved to TV two months ago. Again, the quality of the Magic Jack connection is crystal clear. I installed internet service and the basic landline phone service from CenturyLink. Unlimited long distance from them was an additional $15 a month. $19.95 a year versus $180 a year was a no-brainer for me.

Maybe the Magic Jack works better with some computers. Ours is connected to a desktop Mac computer. I connected a cordless telephone base station to the Magic Jack and we have two other cordless phones that can be used with it throughout the house. We never experience any delay or dropped calls.
ditto!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.