MUNNs A/C -- your experience or recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2021, 05:08 PM

I have Munns A/C service for two different homes. A lot depends on the quality of the tech who services your system.

Had a new carrier system installed at one home and it failed the county inspection. It was too close to the home. A rookie mistake. Since the service company is on the hook in that case they were prompt to correct the issue.

With that exception, I'm pleased with their service. I suggest you ask for an experienced technician, and they may say they all are.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:40 PM
Default Coil replacment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirlNow View Post
Well, lucky me, been here one month and my A/C just stopped working -- blowing warm air. There's a label on the unit from Munn A/C out of Fruitland Park. Called them and they installed it in 2008 (Trane unit). I have an appt with them tomorrow to come find out what's wrong. Any body on here have any experience or recommendation on Munn? I did look in the Contractor listings page on here, but didn't see their name; however, that probably doesn't mean they're not a good reliable company and just no one has listed them.

On the phone, the guy I spoke with at Munn said it's probably in need of refrigerant and that it may new new coils. Apparently, refrigerant should never leak. New coils were estimated at over $1k. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Smart thing to do would be to call 3 companies and get their diagnostics and quotes (each, of course, charge a service fee); however, it's hot in here and I want the A/C fixed as soon as possible.

Basically, want to know if anyone's had experience with Munn and their opinion on the company. Thank you in advance.
I paid $1200 to have my coil replaced. It was not done by Munn's.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:39 AM

If you are looking for a second quote, we have been using Sunshine AC for annual service and repairs for 11 years. Recently had the exact same issue as you (blowing warm air) and it was a capacitor (?). Only cost $120 and our diagnostic fee was waived because of our service contract.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:03 PM
Default They've been great for us...

We moved here 11 years ago and have had them the entire time. I have never had an issue with them at all. When my son moved here and needed assistance we called them again. Now both residences use them with confidence in their availability and efficiency.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:53 PM

Same thing happened with us. When we bought the house, we knew the previous owners never put a mini split on the 'NOW' glassed in lanai, BUT, before we could even call folks to come get estimates for a mini split, the entire a/c system went out. We did research, called Munn's (and others), got the mini split and a new a/c system. We have tbeen very pleased with the services (free) that Munns had given us. About to use them again for another project.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:17 AM
Gold member

Call Chuck Farrel for the best price on a new unit.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csricksdds View Post
Is there water around the unit? Might just need the drip pipe opened and flowing out...if it get plugged air will stop working. I pour warm soapy water down the pipe monthly to keep it flowing!
Where is the drip pipe? Inside the garage unit or outside heat pump? There is some water inside of the unit in the garage but I don't see anything looks like drain/drip pipe. BTW, my unit is 17 yrs old but was working fine until I did my floor changed from carpet to Laminate and the filter was fully covered with wood debris afterwards. I changed the filter but the AC is working less than full capacity.

Cheers!

Last edited by Scbang; 06-01-2021 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Addition.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,180 Times in 761 Posts

After Munn's routine service, check your air filter, apparently they don't replace it. Mine was so clogged, I'm surprised air even flowed through it. I canceled the contract.
Closed Thread

Tags
mann, a/c, experience, company, refrigerant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.