Marios Air conditioning company

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2017, 03:13 PM
Default Marios Air conditioning company

Anyone out there ever use Mario's Air conditioning services? Our air was working fine. He just came to do an annual maintenance check. Shut the AC off for 5 minutes, now it won't restart! it has never needed worked on before. Hmmmmm???
Old 07-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Sage

Thought Mario was a plumber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2017, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Anyone ever heard of Mario's Air conditioning services?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:43 PM

Call Chuck Farrell A/C. 352-753-9497. They know what they are doing and are reliable and reasonable.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I did a search and found they are located in Hudson, FL. I was wondering why you would call a company located at least an hour away in Pasco County?

Second, BBB gave them a A+ rating but only had 9 reviews and one was a very serious negative. Here is the review;

I just want customers to know that before doing business with company "Beware." I just had an A/C and heating unit installed because I was told by a tech that I had mold in my old A/C unit. He did show me something that loked like mold so I decided to get a new unit. However, after the install there was a part needed to complete the work which I was told that they would be back the following week to fix said problem. A week passed and I hadn't heard from the company so I called and asked for Sonny who I spoke with at length about the kind of company I wanted to do business with. I was told by another receptionist that she had left for today, but she would call and have her call me right back. Never heard from her. Another week pass I call again and left message for Mario to call me-he did. He told me that the part had come in and someone would be out within the wek to complete the job (this was on the 16th of march. I called again on th following week and was told the part was still st the warehouse in St Petersbureg and no one had gone to pick it up. I call again and speak with Terry and explained to her what was going on, she told me that she would speak to someone and get back to me on that day. Never heard from her. I call again on April 1st or second can't remember which and explained to Terry that if someone didn't come out and finish the job I would take legal action against the company. She put me on hold and came back and said that someone would be out on Good Friday. I explained to her that that would be ok except that the job had to be finished before or no later than 3pm. Al the tecnician arrived around 10:30am and was here for about a half hour realizing that the part he had did not match. He had to leave and was gone for over two hours trying to find the right part. Needlessly to say, we had to cancel out on our engagement. Mario state that they give 100% customer satisfaction. That's just a big fat lie. I don't mind paying for good products or good workmanship, but when a companyis as incompetent and uncaring as Mario's--they shouldn't be in business at all. I plan to go all the way to Consumer complaint in Tallahassee Fl. I paid $6,500.00 for my A/C heating unit. I don't understand why all the parts weren't with the unit. I also requested an itemize listing of the cost and found out that I had been charged $285.00 for a permit to do the work. No permit was pulled at the time work was done on my unit. Only after I called and inquired about the permit. The permit was sent out on Good Friday with the tech after the work had been completed three weeks earlier. I will NEVER do business with this company again and I will insure all my friends, neighbor and church members know that this is a "F" rated company--no matter what they may tell you on the telephone. If there was a grade lower that "F" they would fit the bill.

BBB Business Profile | Mario's Air Conditioning | Reviews and Complaints

Third, here's a heads up. Before using any contractor come on this website, TOTV and search their name. For example Chuck Farrell's A/C and you would of found they are the #1 rated air conditioning company by a vast majority of TOTV posters. 'Chuck Farrell Air Conditioning' of Lady Lake phone 352-787-9497.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:01 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Chuck Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
Call Chuck Farrell A/C. 352-753-9497. They know what they are doing and are reliable and reasonable.
Always call Chuck He's an honest and fair man. He installed our new unit and before that kept our 18yr unit running tip top. Len & Mary
Old 07-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Default mario.....

QUOTE=Wiotte;1425640]Thought Mario was a plumber.

Last edited by LuckySevens; 07-18-2017 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Default Mario's air conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Thought Mario was a plumber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I did a search and found they are located in Hudson, FL. I was wondering why you would call a company located at least an hour away in Pasco County?

Second, BBB gave them a A+ rating but only had 9 reviews and one was a very serious negative. Here is the review;

I just want customers to know that before doing business with company "Beware." I just had an A/C and heating unit installed because I was told by a tech that I had mold in my old A/C unit. He did show me something that loked like mold so I decided to get a new unit. However, after the install there was a part needed to complete the work which I was told that they would be back the following week to fix said problem. A week passed and I hadn't heard from the company so I called and asked for Sonny who I spoke with at length about the kind of company I wanted to do business with. I was told by another receptionist that she had left for today, but she would call and have her call me right back. Never heard from her. Another week pass I call again and left message for Mario to call me-he did. He told me that the part had come in and someone would be out within the wek to complete the job (this was on the 16th of march. I called again on th following week and was told the part was still st the warehouse in St Petersbureg and no one had gone to pick it up. I call again and speak with Terry and explained to her what was going on, she told me that she would speak to someone and get back to me on that day. Never heard from her. I call again on April 1st or second can't remember which and explained to Terry that if someone didn't come out and finish the job I would take legal action against the company. She put me on hold and came back and said that someone would be out on Good Friday. I explained to her that that would be ok except that the job had to be finished before or no later than 3pm. Al the tecnician arrived around 10:30am and was here for about a half hour realizing that the part he had did not match. He had to leave and was gone for over two hours trying to find the right part. Needlessly to say, we had to cancel out on our engagement. Mario state that they give 100% customer satisfaction. That's just a big fat lie. I don't mind paying for good products or good workmanship, but when a companyis as incompetent and uncaring as Mario's--they shouldn't be in business at all. I plan to go all the way to Consumer complaint in Tallahassee Fl. I paid $6,500.00 for my A/C heating unit. I don't understand why all the parts weren't with the unit. I also requested an itemize listing of the cost and found out that I had been charged $285.00 for a permit to do the work. No permit was pulled at the time work was done on my unit. Only after I called and inquired about the permit. The permit was sent out on Good Friday with the tech after the work had been completed three weeks earlier. I will NEVER do business with this company again and I will insure all my friends, neighbor and church members know that this is a "F" rated company--no matter what they may tell you on the telephone. If there was a grade lower that "F" they would fit the bill.

BBB Business Profile | Mario's Air Conditioning | Reviews and Complaints

Third, here's a heads up. Before using any contractor come on this website, TOTV and search their name. For example Chuck Farrell's A/C and you would of found they are the #1 rated air conditioning company by a vast majority of TOTV posters. 'Chuck Farrell Air Conditioning' of Lady Lake phone 352-787-9497.
I didn't even know that Mario's was an hour away. We just got a cold call from them, and since all we needed was maintenance, we decided to try them. What a mistake! When the guy finally did some 'wiring' on our air conditioner and got it running again....he turned and said, 'well, it's running now, and I'm not charging you for this service call.....but if you are happy with your previous company (pointing to the Munn's sticker on the air conditioner)...you should probably call them soon. I asked why we needed to call anyone if it was running, and he said 'it's running now, but you're going to need some repairs done'. I asked what he did wrong, that it was running fine until he started fooling with it, and he said 'there was a power surge or something', and he was out the door! We are now very worried that he just rigged it up to run for a little while and he did something really wrong to our unit. Guess I will smarten up and call Chuck Farrell as he seems to be the man to call!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:39 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Only a fool would contemplate a major project such as an HVAC replacement without getting multiple estimates. The circumstances of the "broken HVAC unit" raise red flags all over the place.
Closed Thread

Tags
air, marios, conditioning, minutes, shut

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.