Massey

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2021, 12:36 PM

Yes to all those services, not sure about weeding? I own and I am a snowbird. I find Massey to be very reliable and professional. I use their weekly landscaping services. I also use their quarterly services for irrigation. They always call me to let me know they will be on the property to check my irrigation. I find them very reliable.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,124 Times in 806 Posts

Why do neighbors with small lawns walk around the neighborhood everyday but wouldn't put a
push mower in front of them and mow their own lawn?......strange
Old 08-08-2021, 01:43 PM

My wife and I use Massey because they were the existing company already servicing the property. If you have already picked a home and if the landscaping is being upkept in a way that you like I would just call whomever the existing company is and continue with their service.

Specifically about Massey, we don't have any real qualms about the service. I like that I can call in and speak to a person and have any questions addressed pretty quickly. That's one benefit of a larger company like them.

For me personally, I don't like splitting hairs agonizing over the landscaping company. Life's too short, get out golfing :-)
Old 08-08-2021, 03:15 PM

The quality of the job is directly related to the quality of the people that physically performs the services! We had Massey for a little over a year just as they started having staffing issues. Lawn would go weeks during growing season without mowing, seldom edged, and the pest control and ferritization was unpredictable. Loved that I could call them but they never resolved the issue or took action. Our lawn suffered and became the worst looking lawn on the block where before it was very nice. We now have had Deans for about a year and our lawn is again looking good. Their services have been done like clockwork never missing a beat. We have had the same people doing the work for the whole year. Any question I do have are responded to immediately and actions are taken. However, I do know that this can change overnight if someone leaves! Best advise I have is ask your neighbors that have nice lawns who they are using.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:07 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Mowing own yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Why do neighbors with small lawns walk around the neighborhood everyday but wouldn't put a
$40 a month and a Sunbird many of these residents.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:57 PM

We are seasonal in TV, for 6 mo's. Have 2 houses that we have Chad's Lawn and Landscape service when we are gone. Have had good results from them for 2+ years.
They do the lawn cutting as needed. I have them do the shrubs on as request basis.
No problems, good service will continue to use them. Ph.# is 352-430-5416
As for "bugs" I have been applying "Home Defense" both inside and outside, no bugs!
Have no experience with Massey, but have not heard good comments about them.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Simple reason, tired of mowing my lawn and worth it to have someone else take care of it for us.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Massey

We have had Massey for over 4-5 years and kept thinking they will get better. They never
did and our lawn is a total disgrace. It has been that way for over a year but their bill is
always on time. It is a disgrace!!
Old 08-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

We have used Massey for 13 years and have had only a few problems and they were corrected. We use them for pest control, lawn care (not mowing) and termite control. Get to know your tech. It really helps. We talk to our guys all the time and make sure they are doing the job. Never see any critters in our home. We are, fortunately, here full-time so we can observe them. It is difficult if your are a snow bird. Many times their treatment requires you to water the lawn, and if you are not here, that is a problem . Had another company in our first home and caught him cutting corners. Bye Bye. PS. Make them call you when they are coming to do a treatment, if you are full-time.

Last edited by bilcon; 08-09-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-09-2021, 10:13 AM
Default Lawncare

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamilak View Post
Hello! My husband and I are closing in September on our first house in TV! I’ve been on here researching and reading for the past couple weeks. Thank you for all the very useful information.!!
My big question right now is about Masseys. I know that they do pest control for the lawn, but do they actually do landscaping services like mowing, weeding, taking care of the palm trees…
Thank you so much.
You did not say where your new house is located. This makes a difference. Unfortunately, if you are south of 44 you will have Floratam grass. I have been in Florida my entire life. I can tell you from experience floratam grass is very hard to maintain. The chinch bugs will eat it until your lawn disappears. It is not drought tolerant so you will need to constantly make sure it is getting water. The reason lawn cutting services are a poor choice is they go from lawn to lawn spreading what ever bugs or disease that was in one lawn to your lawn. We use Deans for lawn and house insects. But, i maintain my own lawn. If you look in our villa neighborhood you can tell all the lawns that have lawn companies vs the lawns that homeowners maintain. The homeowner maintained lawns look really good. The lawn care lawns are all patches of grass eaten by chinch bugs. If you can, cut your own lawn and use a service like Deans for the bugs. Just my opinion. Good luck in your new home.
Old 08-15-2021, 06:19 AM
Veteran member

We’ve had Massey since purchasing our courtyard villa in January 2019. Recently, since we have cameras, I’ve noticed that they treated the shrubs in front but not in the back and side yard. When I complained, the tech said that his hose broke and he would do it the next day. They never did and haven’t responded to my latest email. On our last trip here our backyard grass was striped as a result of the way they applied the fertilizer. I complained and they said they sent someone out the next day to fix. They didn’t as the cameras proved. When someone finally came out, he said his spreader was broken. I’m speaking to Dean’s this week. No problem with Massey pest control but their lawn and shrub services are terrible.
Closed Thread

Tags
masseys, pest, control, lawn, massey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.