Massey

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2021, 11:23 AM
Default Massey

Hello! My husband and I are closing in September on our first house in TV! I’ve been on here researching and reading for the past couple weeks. Thank you for all the very useful information.!!
My big question right now is about Masseys. I know that they do pest control for the lawn, but do they actually do landscaping services like mowing, weeding, taking care of the palm trees…
Thank you so much.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,601 Times in 5,194 Posts

Not sure about trees, but they do mowing, weeding, irrigation maintenance, pest control for inside the house, and termite treatment.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts
Default Call them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamilak View Post
Hello! My husband and I are closing in September on our first house in TV! I’ve been on here researching and reading for the past couple weeks. Thank you for all the very useful information.!!
My big question right now is about Masseys. I know that they do pest control for the lawn, but do they actually do landscaping services like mowing, weeding, taking care of the palm trees…
Thank you so much.
I suggest you call Massey or the only answer that counts.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I suggest you call Massey or the only answer that counts.
Or, go to:

Pest Control, Termite Protection & Lawn Care Services | Massey Services
Old 08-07-2021, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,122 Times in 2,238 Posts

OP, really good lawn care has been a real problem for the last 2 years, I had Deans for 8 years, they could not keep their workers, quality went down. Had to change. It appears many of the lawn care companies have a similar problem with a rotating work force that significantly affects the quality of the lawn care. Once you are here, observe your lawn against your neighbors, if you find better ask who they use and then if necessary make a decision to switch. IMHO, you will probably switch many times.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

We have had Massey for pest control and happy.

Irrigation was more recent and in 6 months have had 3 people taking care of this as people keep leaving.

Had them for fertilizer and weed control and found out they did rather little for what we paid them. Turned this over to our lawn guy and not sure how good a job he has done so far (too soon to tell).

Have heard from several people their grass cutting dept is a revolving door by a number of Massey employees.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We have had Massey for pest control and happy.

Irrigation was more recent and in 6 months have had 3 people taking care of this as people keep leaving.

Had them for fertilizer and weed control and found out they did rather little for what we paid them. Turned this over to our lawn guy and not sure how good a job he has done so far (too soon to tell).

Have heard from several people their grass cutting dept is a revolving door by a number of Massey employees.
I recently cancelled my Massey services for pest control and irrigation maintenance. I am going to try to do my own pest control, since I have never had any insects in my house, and 80 percent of my exterior walls butt up against a concrete slab. I cancelled the irrigation service because the people they sent were not very experienced in irrigation systems. I still have Massey for mowing, fertilizing, and termites.
Old 08-07-2021, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

What Ma$$ey does best is stick their hand in your pocket. We had 'em a short while and dropped 'em for Deans.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:51 AM
Default Massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
What Ma$$ey does best is stick their hand in your pocket. We had 'em a short while and dropped 'em for Deans.
As Seniors Vs crime says
Do Not Sign Up for a contract with any company. Period.
On a monthly basis you can get rid of them for poor service.
Check with your neighbors to see if they are satisfied.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:02 AM

Don't use PAX OR ISOM for mowing services. POOR SERVICE.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:13 AM

Oh, they will tell you they provide all those services, but if you’re a snow bird, beware. The minute you leave, the only thing that will be done is the mowing, and that won’t be every week. Our neighbors sent us pics of the weeds, overgrown shrubs, untrimmed trees, etc. Calls were made, promises were made, and nothing happened. We fired them and do not hesitate to tell others.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Massey

We have had them for years and are currently searching for another company. They have
done a terrible job on our lawn and it is a disgrace. Call SVC (Seniors vs Crime) before signing for any landscaping company. But Massey is terrible!!
Old 08-08-2021, 06:18 AM

Bad experience with Massey. Recommend you find someone different.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

We have had Massey for insect control, termites, etc for years and have been pleased with service. Have not heard many positives about the lawn services, since they just started them. I signed up for the sprinkler service since I am still snowbirding and had the need to use them. My house watch, during a sprinkler check, called me with a report of a geyser in my front yard. I called Massey on Friday PM and they were at our house on Monday AM and replaced the lost head, N/C. So far, so good.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:57 AM

I have 2 properties and use Dean's at one and Massey at the other. We hired Dean's at our first house, but they don't mow in the neighborhood at the second home. Massey does, so we gave them the contract. As far as I know, neither will do any pruning. Point is, you do need to call. After a year, we cancelled the mow portion at both properties and hired a one-man company. Neither Dean's or Massey tried to hold us to the contract. In fact, I think they were happy to be rid of it. Both do a great job on the pest control side.

Tags
masseys, pest, control, lawn, massey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.