Massey

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamilak View Post
Hello! My husband and I are closing in September on our first house in TV! I’ve been on here researching and reading for the past couple weeks. Thank you for all the very useful information.!!
My big question right now is about Masseys. I know that they do pest control for the lawn, but do they actually do landscaping services like mowing, weeding, taking care of the palm trees…
Thank you so much.
After rotating through 3 lawn guys I bought a lawnmower and edger and it’s the best decision I ever made.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:21 AM

If you like weeds pick massy
Old 08-08-2021, 07:37 AM

VillageTinker, who do you use now and are you pleased with them?
Old 08-08-2021, 07:51 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

I have used Deans for the last several years. They do not do any trimming of shrubs just lawn. They are okay but it seems that people go through several lawn services while here. It appears that all these lawn services have a lot of personnel changes. We kept Deans instead of a smaller service because we can count on them to show up and not take a powder on us which may be more likely with a smaller, personal company. None of them seem especially exceptional.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Hello! My husband and I are closing in September on our first house in TV! I’ve been on here researching and reading for the past couple weeks. Thank you for all the very useful information.!!
My big question right now is about Masseys. I know that they do pest control for the lawn, but do they actually do landscaping services like mowing, weeding, taking care of the palm trees…
Thank you so much.
When we moved to the villages they were at our door the 1st day knocking and bothering us, and then they came back 4 times after that, calling knocking harassing harassing. And then we realized they were more expensive than other companies. Their employees get a sales commission if possibly questionable?...
Old 08-08-2021, 08:05 AM
Default Dropped Massey

Quote:
Thank you so much.
We had Massey for about 6 months for lawn service, 3 times charged my cc, but didn't perform the service. Supervisor apologized and said they are problems with some crews, after 3 dropped them. As someone else posted you will go through a few services. Also we found it difficult to find any services for Palm's
Old 08-08-2021, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Thank you so much.
We use Brian's Lawn Care Services. Brian is sort of the new guy (as I understand it) in the lawn-care industry in The Villages. No employees, does it all himself. Honest, reliable and reasonable. He doesn't do insect control for the lawn (we use another company for that) but he'll do just about everything else lawn-related. His number is (352) 454-2070.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:16 AM

Mowing and weeding... no

Palm Tree Care..... yes, but you will find yourself fertilizing more.

The will do irrigation, grass care, palm care.
They will not spray for weeds (outside of the lawn) or will they touch a flower bed.
No shrubs.

Better yet, get rid of the Palms and Plant some Perennials.
I removed a big tree and a large Palm. Yard looks so much better.

Plant a Huge Agave. No Maintenance.

Everyone bitches about yard care

MINIMALIZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2021, 08:43 AM
Veteran member
Default Lawn

Quote:
Thank you so much.
Have not personally used them but a couple neighbors do. Based on what I see I will look elsewhere when I decide it's time to hire a service for my lawn. Best to observe the best looking lawns in your neighborhood and find out who they use.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:46 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages
Default Massey

I don't believe Massey does bush and tree trimming. We have Massey and they do a pretty good just with the things they do, including irrigation services. But if you can find a local, single person to go with for mowing and bush/tree trimming, that is the best way to go, in my opinion. Much more reliable.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:07 AM

Thank you all for the useful information! We will call around and also ask our neighbors. Great suggestions and we will also call Brian, the new guy!
Old 08-08-2021, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Initially Massey did everything at our house. Then I “experimented” with other service providers, with consistently unsatisfactory results. We went back to Massey doing everything at our house. Their technicians are great, and customer service unparalleled by ANY of the other providers. I’d recommend contracting with them for everything (other than tree and bush pruning and general landscape work, which are services I don’t think they offer).

A quick response to questions or complaints (hardly ever!) and Massey is as close as your telephone.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:39 AM

Massey's does it all: mowing, weeding, irrigation, edging, pest control, termite, etc. BUT you do have to keep on them about the weeding.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:41 AM

We have Massey for our grass and bush fertilization. They do a great job.
Old 08-08-2021, 12:07 PM
Location: Brooklyn O; NYC; Cambridge, Ma; London, UK; Martha's Vineyard Is.; Newburyport, Ma; The Villages
Default Landscaping- a never ending story

Landscape services are a headache ... Best if and when you do it yourself. Some do mow-blow-go, some only palms and bushes, some bushes only, hardly anyone wants to do weeding. A dream if you can fine 1 that does it all. Pay promptly always ! Even so keep an ongoing list of who is available... inevitably you'll need to start calling when personnel, costs, complaints or services change.
My father-in-law used to advise "find a need and fill it". There's a real $$$$ opportunity in TV to collect info on landscapers, review the good work, pan the poor work, no-shows.
Neighbors should also try to use the same services. Crazy to have different trucks driving around TV each doing their own specialized service.
Closed Thread

Tags
masseys, pest, control, lawn, massey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.