Massey vs Deans

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2022, 10:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,567 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandall View Post
We have been using Dean’s for the past 7 years. Our lawn is healthy and well taken care by them. They have been very professional and responsive to our needs.
Last time I called Deans i was told they weren’t taking any new customers. AND the mow both neighbors, on each side of me.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:28 PM

We had Massey for pest control inside our home in Baton Rouge LA so we went with them for everything on our Villages home. We were always very happy with Massey in Louisiana. They were always responsive and we had very few bugs we ever had to deal with. We had a different contractor (Arrow) doing termites in Louisiana and kept them for termites on that house. They were ok but I did not feel like they were looking out for us; seemed like they were looking out for themselves more than our home.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej012160 View Post
We had Massey for pest control inside our home in Baton Rouge LA so we went with them for everything on our Villages home. We were always very happy with Massey in Louisiana. They were always responsive and we had very few bugs we ever had to deal with. We had a different contractor (Arrow) doing termites in Louisiana and kept them for termites on that house. They were ok but I did not feel like they were looking out for us; seemed like they were looking out for themselves more than our home.
I prefer Massey for the following reasons:

1. Dean's doesn't do irrigation maintenance, so you need a separate contractor.
2. Dean's will only provide a 1-year termite contract. Massey is 10 years.
3. Dean's requires you to provide a credit card number on file and authorize them to use it.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never had an annual or monthly contract with Massey. I only pay them when they actually perform a service. For example, if they apply fertilizer, I get a separate bill for that service and pay it. I would not pay any contractor a year in advance. And, I don't like the monthly autopay system that Dean's requires.
Must be different with Massey for new customers, we were offered a annual contract. Pay for each services for the year. I don’t mind paying by CC on file after the service is performed. But up front for a year, doesn’t work for Me.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Must be different with Massey for new customers, we were offered a annual contract. Pay for each services for the year. I don’t mind paying by CC on file after the service is performed. But up front for a year, doesn’t work for Me.
I don't know. I have been paying them for 6 years with a credit card on their website only after they have performed a service. They often offer me a 5 percent discount to pay a year in advance, but that does not interest me.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

Virtual credit card. Set expiration date prior to renewal date
Old 02-05-2023, 07:08 AM

i hate then
Old 05-01-2023, 03:02 PM
Default Deans services not trustworthy

Mike the mowing manager came to house and confirmed that the mowing crew broke an irrigation plastic T connection and Dean would fix it. I said I had a landscaper that might fix it. He said get it fixed and send Dean the bill. I did not hire the landscaper. Now Mike is lying and saying I broke the connection and Dean will not fix the connection!!! What did I do, buy a lawn mower and run over the connection. Dean management cannot be trusted. It's a shame, I like there services; but, their management is not trustworthy.
Old 05-01-2023, 03:35 PM

Frank, Sorry to hear that.

I've not had any problems. I also didn't address the issue by phone. Instead, I did it via email and phone, and got written confirmation about the resolution.

I did use the online contact form.

With written info, it's a nice way to confirm the details.

I do this with all the contractors I've dealt with. If someone is not willing to put things in writing, I don't use that vendor or contractor.

Another Mike
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Closed Thread

Tags
massey, control, appears, house, pest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.