Beware Dustin Cole DBA AGC Groundscapes

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2023, 09:37 AM
Default Beware Dustin Cole DBA AGC Groundscapes

Dustin is a smooth talker but doesn't follow up on his promises or warranty. On 11/22/22 Dustin among other landscape lighting installed 2 pond lights. 1 week later he had to return to replace a bulb in a used landscape fixture. I then texted him on 6/30/23 that pond light was out and it didn't seem to have a bulb to replace. He said he would "swing by" and look at it. Well, I have sent several texts since then and he hasn't responded other than to say he'll "swing by" or ignore texts alltogether.
Old 07-31-2023, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Sorry to hear about this, I have helped several neighbors where either the neighbor or their landscape company cut the wiring with a string trimmer or edge trimmer. These breaks can usually be repaired with a crimp splice, but in areas where the wiring could be subject to future cutting, I typically install a piece of 1/2 inch PVC pipe to protect the wire. Also, if the pond light is an LED type, there make not be a "bulb" to replace, and the entire unit may need to be replaced. In this case the lead wire needs to be long enough to extend completely out of the pond, so the splice will be made outside of the water.
Old 07-31-2023, 11:45 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,298 Times in 536 Posts

Strange! Once paid - a landscaper is hard to find.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:09 AM
Default Beware Dustin Cole DBA AGC Groundscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Sorry to hear about this, I have helped several neighbors where either the neighbor or their landscape company cut the wiring with a string trimmer or edge trimmer. These breaks can usually be repaired with a crimp splice, but in areas where the wiring could be subject to future cutting, I typically install a piece of 1/2 inch PVC pipe to protect the wire. Also, if the pond light is an LED type, there make not be a "bulb" to replace, and the entire unit may need to be replaced. In this case the lead wire needs to be long enough to extend completely out of the pond, so the splice will be made outside of the water.
Any suggestion of who to contact for repair? Thanks
Old 08-02-2023, 09:57 AM

I sent you a private message
Old 08-02-2023, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniet View Post
Any suggestion of who to contact for repair? Thanks
I do all my own repairs, so I do not have any experience with local repairmen for this type of work. If you are not in a rush I can probably do the repair. Send me a private message to discuss further.

Tags
dustin, bulb, replace, pond, landscape

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.