MCO transportation options

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcurrie947 View Post
What? Dave passed away? We used Daves Transport to Sanford airport without a glitch. He was fun to talk to on the phone making arrangements.
I think you misunderstood CFrance's post. The Dave you are thinking about is alive and well as far as I know. We just used his service a week ago. Dave's Airport Transportation, 352-223-4696.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:34 PM

What does Capri charge for 2?
Old 01-06-2020, 03:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
We hire a car one way from Enterprise at LSL $90 one way. Cheaper if round trip. There is a drop off fee for one way..
Village Airport Van is door to door $80 for two, one way, also a very good service when we have used it.
The only down is they drop off/pick up on route, that can add anothe 45-60 minutes to journey, so allow time if you are catching a flight.
Car hire is most time efficient.
I used them quite a few months back-very disappointed. First he came 1/2 hr early- which usually isnt a bad thing- but I was leaving for about 9mths-so I needed that extra few minutes to shut things down. Next as I was getting into the van, the driver wanted me to sit upfront...I told him no (I have a true issue riding with other drivers)...I told him- he still insisted, then I just climbed into the back...he took my bags,put them in then slammed the back and also slammed the side van door..to then screech away skweeling tires like a child... which made me and the other 2 riders very nervous.
...it was horrible.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:54 PM

I've always used the Village taxi.
They've been great!
I travel with a 60 lb dog, her kennel, 2 suitcases and a carry the from Lady Lake to MCO and back home from trip.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcurrie947 View Post
What? Dave passed away? We used Daves Transport to Sanford airport without a glitch. He was fun to talk to on the phone making arrangements.
No. The Dave we use drove for Witte. Mr. Witte passed away, and his wife Jane took it over. But she apparently is not scheduling anymore, and Dave is out on his own. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Wow. Not good. How did you get to the airport? Did you miss your flight?
My husband hadn't left the area so he came back and drove us (there were 3 of us impacted).
Old 02-10-2020, 07:16 PM

Will they pick up at MCO after midnight? My son’s flight arrives at 12:15am and he’d like to get a ride directly to our rental home. I think he can take Uber but was wondering if there is another option.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:12 PM
Gold member

There is a new delivery service in The Villages Airport Shuttle Service - Groome Transportation - Book Online

Groome Transportation is a large national company now servicing The Villages to Orlando International. Their price is $19.00 per person and have 20 trips daily. My cousin uses them in Colorado and says they are great. I was told that all of the vans they are using here are new. Check out their website. It will be interesting to see how they work out here.

Airport Shuttle Service - Groome Transportation - Book Online

The Villages Airport Transportation - $19 Fares - Groome Transportation
Old 02-11-2020, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emkay56 View Post
Will they pick up at MCO after midnight? My son’s flight arrives at 12:15am and he’d like to get a ride directly to our rental home. I think he can take Uber but was wondering if there is another option.
Are you asking about Village Airport Transportation? If so they will pick up late, or early. Some years ago my husband was delayed into the early hours of the morning due to flight problems from Europe and they kept in touch with me and picked him up when he finally arrived.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
transportation, received, called, mco, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.