Carts & Clubs Poor Customer Service

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Default Carts & Clubs Poor Customer Service

We order a golf cart from Carts & Clubs in Ocala. The delivery was very good the delivery person spent an hour going over the cart. He said "we want you to be happy, call us for the smallest problem as we are at The Villages all the time."

A clip on the zipper pull broke on the first trip that we used the cart. I called today and asked to have the clip fixed and could they put a peddle block on the service truck, (my wife has short legs).

The owner took the service call from me and accused me of breaking the clip so that we can have a free delivery of the block for the accelerator peddle.
He got rude and loud and said, "we will deliver the block and fix the clip that you broke!" Then he hung up on me.

I called back to ask who I just spoke to. That is when I discovered it was the owner. I said to the woman that answered, " I guess there is no sense of complaining." He grabbed the phone and told me that people always try to get free deliveries by purposely breaking the carts. I said I did not break anything for a free delivery. I am out that way all the time. I have a broke clip and it needs to be fixed, I don't appreciate you accusing me of lying about my reason for the call and being so rude. He slammed down the phone. I called back and said I want to return the cart since he is so difficult to deal with, (we have only had the cart three weeks). The owner once again got on the phone and said people always think I am being loud and rude, I will put you through to the scheduler to have your cart fixed.
We owned a business for many years and I would never have treated customer that way. If the owner can't treat people with the respect that we deserve, then he needs to let his employees answer the phones and "deal" with us thieving" customers.
I will never do business with them again. The owner is a crabby person that needs to retire!
Old 12-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Wow.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Veteran member

I found ted and wife very helpful. Will buy my next cart from him !
Old 12-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have met the owner (Ted) and he was quite personable to us. We have had a couple of warranty issues and they were handled without any drama. Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. Our experiences have been positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdonn View Post
We order a golf cart from Carts & Clubs in Ocala. The delivery was very good the delivery person spent an hour going over the cart. He said "we want you to be happy, call us for the smallest problem as we are at The Villages all the time."

A clip on the zipper pull broke on the first trip that we used the cart. I called today and asked to have the clip fixed and could they put a peddle block on the service truck, (my wife has short legs).

The owner took the service call from me and accused me of breaking the clip so that we can have a free delivery of the block for the accelerator peddle.
He got rude and loud and said, "we will deliver the block and fix the clip that you broke!" Then he hung up on me.

I called back to ask who I just spoke to. That is when I discovered it was the owner. I said to the woman that answered, " I guess there is no sense of complaining." He grabbed the phone and told me that people always try to get free deliveries by purposely breaking the carts. I said I did not break anything for a free delivery. I am out that way all the time. I have a broke clip and it needs to be fixed, I don't appreciate you accusing me of lying about my reason for the call and being so rude. He slammed down the phone. I called back and said I want to return the cart since he is so difficult to deal with, (we have only had the cart three weeks). The owner once again got on the phone and said people always think I am being loud and rude, I will put you through to the scheduler to have your cart fixed.
We owned a business for many years and I would never have treated customer that way. If the owner can't treat people with the respect that we deserve, then he needs to let his employees answer the phones and "deal" with us thieving" customers.
I will never do business with them again. The owner is a crabby person that needs to retire!
Old 12-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have always been happy with service and the owners have only been very helpful, along with their staff. Sorry for your issues.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Gold member

I find them very helpful. accommodating and pleasant to do business with.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:06 PM

Maybe he got up on the wrong side of the bed today. My wife and i owned a customer service type business for many years and I would never have accused someone of trying to rip me off for something so trivial. We like the cart, I just wish the salesmen whom were pleasant to work with would field service calls/complaints. Customer service is not his best trait.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

Even though we have had good service from them in general, I too had a situation one time where Ted tried his beligerant attitude with me. Hung up on him and if and when he ever happens to answer a call again I will do the same again! Maybe he should retire! Reminds me of another service provider here in The Villages area.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:53 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

He was having a bad day....
Old 12-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
He was having a bad day....
Maybe, BUT this is not the first time this topic regarding TED came up in TOV . One could conclude he has many bad days OR He should retire OR.? Just Saying!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Ted's attitude when we were shopping there gave US a BAD day! We had been having a fun, happy day until we encountered Ted's salesmanship skills! LOL We can laugh about it now, but only because of our decision to never spend a cent there, nor recommend anyone spend anything there.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Ted's attitude when we were shopping there gave US a BAD day! We had been having a fun, happy day until we encountered Ted's salesmanship skills! LOL We can laugh about it now, but only because of our decision to never spend a cent there, nor recommend anyone spend anything there.
I've never been to that store but my golfing partner went there with the intentions of buying from them. His experience sounded much like yours. The owner's attitude was like he was speaking down to them and it made them felt uncomfortable and too intimidated to even ask a question. They ended up buying from somewhere else and after hearing that, I cancelled a planned trip and bought from the Villages GC store.

I had visited Grandma's and Grandpa's Shop and was very impressed and they both had just a great personality and was very close to pulling the trigger on a refurnished Club Car but in the end, I decided to buy a new cart and stayed in TV.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I've never been to that store but my golfing partner went there with the intentions of buying from them. His experience sounded much like yours. The owner's attitude was like he was speaking down to them and it made them felt uncomfortable and too intimidated to even ask a question. They ended up buying from somewhere else and after hearing that, I cancelled a planned trip and bought from the Villages GC store.

I had visited Grandma's and Grandpa's Shop and was very impressed and they both had just a great personality and was very close to pulling the trigger on a refurnished Club Car but in the end, I decided to buy a new cart and stayed in TV.
John: where in Leesbug is Grandma's located I trid to google their site phone number etc but apparently left something out? Thanks.

I was going to visit Golf carts in Ocala but this thread is very depressing. i know one of the sales guys and when I see him again I will mention the concern....yes i can be diplomatic
Old 12-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Gold member

We bought our cart from Ted as well and he was very nice, at least to us. We have also had excellent cart care at least thus far. I like the way they come to the house and fix it all right there in the driveway. I had had an issue with my wind shield and they came that day! No down time what so ever.

My little olé 2 cents worth.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
John: where in Leesbug is Grandma's located I trid to google their site phone number etc but apparently left something out? Thanks.

I was going to visit Golf carts in Ocala but this thread is very depressing. i know one of the sales guys and when I see him again I will mention the concern....yes i can be diplomatic

Grandpa & Grandma's Village Buggies LLC - Home

Their shop is on 441/27 N in Summerfield, but they reside in the Villages. Hope this helps. We loved dealing with Scott and Vickie!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.