wondering where to find a scuba jacket

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Veteran member
Default wondering where to find a scuba jacket

I'm new on this site (also fairly new to TV). I like to use the pool but want to be ready for chillier weather (just in case, Heaven forbid, we have a winter like last year). I would like a jacket (more than likely like they wear for scuba) that will keep me warm. I want the kind that zips in front. I've gone online..but the sites I've visited are having "end of season" sales and the sizes are picked over or non-existant. Any ideas where I might find a store that carries them where I can try one on??? Would appreciate thoughts here. I have NO idea on what something like this would cost as well. Thank you ahead of time for your in-put.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The pools are heated year-round. So, you'd really only be cold getting in and out of the water. Not sure you'd really need a scuba jacket. However, check the yellow pages for a local dive shop or contact the scuba club and ask.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-01-2010, 03:22 PM

I have not gone through a winter in the pool yet but others in water aerobics have said they use scuba vests. Hate to give up sessions so will also be checking on gear to get me through any cold season.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Jenajd

Suggest you go to
http://www.americanwave.com/ProductI...roductid=13318

When you cal this site talk to Al great guy.....from Idaho.

I play advanced Water Volleyball and Al dealsl with alot of Village Clients. He will sel you this zipper jacket for $49 and I also got a compression short sleeve shirt for $17 for there is some rub with the jacket itself.

Good luck!!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylake1 View Post
I have not gone through a winter in the pool yet but others in water aerobics have said they use scuba vests. Hate to give up sessions so will also be checking on gear to get me through any cold season.
I am hijacking another thread. Is your avatar an original painting? It looks like the style of Georgia O'Keefe.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Sage

We plan on stopping in Santa Fe for a few days when we drive to TV from Norcal this winter and will do the Georgia O'Keefe museum again - very nice!

Bet Al from Idaho will be a straight shooter.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Veteran member
Default to 784caroline

Thank you for posting the source...exactly what I'm looking for!!! I'll give Al a call and see what happens. It can be chilly early in the morning...coming and going to the pool. Don't mind it so much (yet) while in the water!!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 AM

My avatar is Georgia O'Keeffe. Just love her work. Keen artistic eye Gracie!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Veteran member

Thank you for source for jackets. I think Al may be able to help me..though he's limited on sizes (time of year??).
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I just got mine today and in addition to teh Titec jacket I also bought the short sleeve shirt. Both shirt and jacket fit well...really light weight, looks sharp and should be perfect for the florida cool winter days in the pool.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.