Moving to The Villages......Need Recommendations for Home, Auto Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2017, 08:18 PM
cyhawk
Default Moving to The Villages......Need Recommendations for Home, Auto Insurance

We are finally able to move to our house in The Villages the end of July. Need recommendations for an insurance company that we can bundle home and auto. We cannot transfer our current auto policy to Florida as it is AAA, which AAA has specific regions of coverage (in our case it is Alabama and Missouri) instead of national. Appreciate all recommendations and comment about good or bad service. Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2017, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

We use AAA and our Contact is Sandra Siegel. She is very knowledgeable and we have had very good service. I also hear The Villages Insurance is very good. Good luck !

Old 05-16-2017, 03:27 PM
cyhawk

Thanks for the recommendation!!
Old 05-16-2017, 03:43 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

CyHawk..............sounds like a split family from Iowa.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:11 PM

I have a great policy and a low price with Geico. When I recently replaced a 2010 SUV with a 2017 SUV, my annual premium increased less than $100. Great online service. I am also impressed with Brown and Brown insurance Agency in Leesburg. The HO ins for my designer with good coverage is less than $500. I tacked on a large umbrella for about $130 and my golf cart insurance is around $100.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:01 PM
Platinum member
Wink Stay with AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhawk View Post
We are finally able to move to our house in The Villages the end of July. Need recommendations for an insurance company that we can bundle home and auto. We cannot transfer our current auto policy to Florida as it is AAA, which AAA has specific regions of coverage (in our case it is Alabama and Missouri) instead of national. Appreciate all recommendations and comment about good or bad service. Thanks!!
You like your insurance company; you can keep your insurance company.

There is a AAA office in front of the Publix grocery store at Spanish Springs and another at Lake Sumter Landing IN THE VILLAGES.

The only difference will be that AAA here is part of AAA auto club south. Barbara had home and car insurance with AAA in Texas, and had no trouble getting it here.

Personally, I have had USAA home and car insurance for 32 years, and am very happy with it. You must have had served in the military to get USAA insurance.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
You like your insurance company; you can keep your insurance company.

There is a AAA office in front of the Publix grocery store at Spanish Springs and another at Lake Sumter Landing IN THE VILLAGES.

The only difference will be that AAA here is part of AAA auto club south. Barbara had home and car insurance with AAA in Texas, and had no trouble getting it here.

Personally, I have had USAA home and car insurance for 32 years, and am very happy with it. You must have had served in the military to get USAA insurance.
Does USAA write HO Ins. in Florida?
Old 05-18-2017, 12:51 PM
cyhawk

Yes we are but have been living in Roll Tide country since January 2009!
Old 05-18-2017, 12:52 PM
cyhawk

Thanks for your recommendation.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:53 PM
cyhawk

We are not eligible for USAA.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We chose to use The Villages for all our insurance. So far they have been more than excellent. Very pleased.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-19-2017, 10:13 AM
Veteran member

We'd had State Farm for home and auto in North Carolina before moving here. State Farm doesn't do home insurance in Florida and we were in a hurry so we grabbed the first company we found that sold home insurance in Florida. That should be a cause for regret, but we happened to go with The Villages Insurance and have been delighted with their service so far. The agents have been extremely helpful and have customized our policy on a few occasions (we changed from homeowner to landlord when we rented the house out for a year after we bought and than back to homeowner when we moved here). It also seems like the rates were competitive with anybody else. We gave them an opportunity to quote us for car insurance and they were again very helpful and gave us the coverage we wanted at a competitive price. We also shopped around for golf cart insurance and ended up going with them as well.

Note that there were no bundle discounts for us. They are insurance brokers and can sell you insurance from a number of different companies to give you the best deal. However, the best deals for home, auto and golf cart insurance ended up being from three different insurance companies.

I'd like to find fault with them because I figure, "Who needs to pay the Morse family even more than we already are giving them for the house, amenities and CDD?" but honestly they've been one of the best insurance companies we've ever dealt with. That may change if we need to submit a claim, but even then that would be through the individual companies. I feel the same about Citizens First Bank. I feel like I should be upset over their near monopoly on ATMs and locations around The Villages (which is why we opened accounts there) but every experience I've had with the banks has been overwhelmingly positive. They have great people working there, just like The Villages Insurance.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

We have been happy with The Villages Insurance.

I must confess to being a bit of a dinosaur because I prefer being able to do business in a bricks and mortar office. They have several throughout TV and the people we have dealt with have been pleasant, knowledgeable, and efficient.
Closed Thread

Tags
auto, recommendations, aaa, insurance, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.