MUNNs A/C -- your experience or recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2021, 11:05 AM
Default MUNNs A/C -- your experience or recommendation

Well, lucky me, been here one month and my A/C just stopped working -- blowing warm air. There's a label on the unit from Munn A/C out of Fruitland Park. Called them and they installed it in 2008 (Trane unit). I have an appt with them tomorrow to come find out what's wrong. Any body on here have any experience or recommendation on Munn? I did look in the Contractor listings page on here, but didn't see their name; however, that probably doesn't mean they're not a good reliable company and just no one has listed them.

On the phone, the guy I spoke with at Munn said it's probably in need of refrigerant and that it may new new coils. Apparently, refrigerant should never leak. New coils were estimated at over $1k. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Smart thing to do would be to call 3 companies and get their diagnostics and quotes (each, of course, charge a service fee); however, it's hot in here and I want the A/C fixed as soon as possible.

Basically, want to know if anyone's had experience with Munn and their opinion on the company. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by FLgirlNow; 05-11-2021 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Changed company from Mann to Munn's.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:30 AM

Munn's installed our heat pump when our house was built in 2016. We have had Munns service it each year and have been happy with their service and their fee. Others may have had the same or different experience. If yours was installed in 2008, it is 13 years old. I do not know what the life expectancy is for heat pumps and air conditioners. It may be approaching the time to replace it rather than repair it, especially if the repair cost is high.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirlNow View Post
Well, lucky me, been here one month and my A/C just stopped working -- blowing warm air. There's a label on the unit from Mann A/C out of Fruitland Park. Called them and they installed it in 2008 (Trane unit). I have an appt with them tomorrow to come find out what's wrong. Any body on here have any experience or recommendation on Mann? I did look in the Contractor listings page on here, but didn't see their name; however, that probably doesn't mean they're not a good reliable company and just no one has listed them.

On the phone, the guy I spoke with at Mann said it's probably in need of refrigerant and that it may new new coils. Apparently, refrigerant should never leak. New coils were estimated at over $1k. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Smart thing to do would be to call 3 companies and get their diagnostics and quotes (each, of course, charge a service fee); however, it's hot in here and I want the A/C fixed as soon as possible.

Basically, want to know if anyone's had experience with Mann and their opinion on the company. Thank you in advance.
Mann or Munn’s? If it’s Munn’s, they’ve put in two mini-split systems for us and they do our yearly service calls; we had no issues with them.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,687 Times in 5,234 Posts

If it needs refrigerant, you have a leak. If you need a new evaporator coil, it will be expensive. It sounds like you need a new system. Get 3 quotes. Start with Munn's and Chuck Farrell. I have not heard of Mann, but the only BBB listing shows the company as being out of business. He has 6 Yelp reviews with an average of only 2 stars out of 5.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
Munn's installed our heat pump when our house was built in 2016. We have had Munns service it each year and have been happy with their service and their fee. Others may have had the same or different experience. If yours was installed in 2008, it is 13 years old. I do not know what the life expectancy is for heat pumps and air conditioners. It may be approaching the time to replace it rather than repair it, especially if the repair cost is high.
Thanks for the info.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Mann or Munn’s? If it’s Munn’s, they’ve put in two mini-split systems for us and they do our yearly service calls; we had no issues with them.
I think it's Munn's -- probably need to go and try to read the sticker on the A/C again.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Went out and reread the sticker. It's Munn's. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

We have had Munns for 9 years and we are very satisfied with their service.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:43 AM

Munns is not the cheapest but they have always done what they say and we've had them since 2002.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:46 AM

Used Munn's for years, have been very satisfied with their services.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:52 AM

Munns is / was the original AC contractor for TV. They have been great for us.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:19 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

We've had Munns for the 7 years we've been here and they've always done satisfactory work for us. Even came out on a Sunday night when ours was blowing warm air like yours. All was covered by warranty.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:58 AM

We find that they are very good and responsive.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:00 AM
Veteran member

We use sun kool been fair with us.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirlNow View Post
Well, lucky me, been here one month and my A/C just stopped working -- blowing warm air. There's a label on the unit from Munn A/C out of Fruitland Park. Called them and they installed it in 2008 (Trane unit). I have an appt with them tomorrow to come find out what's wrong. Any body on here have any experience or recommendation on Munn? I did look in the Contractor listings page on here, but didn't see their name; however, that probably doesn't mean they're not a good reliable company and just no one has listed them.

On the phone, the guy I spoke with at Munn said it's probably in need of refrigerant and that it may new new coils. Apparently, refrigerant should never leak. New coils were estimated at over $1k. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Smart thing to do would be to call 3 companies and get their diagnostics and quotes (each, of course, charge a service fee); however, it's hot in here and I want the A/C fixed as soon as possible.

Basically, want to know if anyone's had experience with Munn and their opinion on the company. Thank you in advance.
I use Munn’s very satisfied with them and purchased the extended warranty 10 years parts and labor covered.
Closed Thread

Tags
mann, a/c, experience, company, refrigerant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.