MUNNs A/C -- your experience or recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2021, 06:15 AM

I used Munn’s one time. They sent 3 different repair guys... each one claimed to have fixed the problem. Finally, I called JC’s AC and he fixed the problem right away for 1/3 the cost I had already paid Munn’s!!!
Old 05-12-2021, 06:18 AM

Call Chuck Farrell before you spend thousands of dollars. Honest and trustworthy.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:18 AM

I trust Manns. They do good work and friendly technicians.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirlNow View Post
Well, lucky me, been here one month and my A/C just stopped working -- blowing warm air. There's a label on the unit from Munn A/C out of Fruitland Park. Called them and they installed it in 2008 (Trane unit). I have an appt with them tomorrow to come find out what's wrong. Any body on here have any experience or recommendation on Munn? I did look in the Contractor listings page on here, but didn't see their name; however, that probably doesn't mean they're not a good reliable company and just no one has listed them.

On the phone, the guy I spoke with at Munn said it's probably in need of refrigerant and that it may new new coils. Apparently, refrigerant should never leak. New coils were estimated at over $1k. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Smart thing to do would be to call 3 companies and get their diagnostics and quotes (each, of course, charge a service fee); however, it's hot in here and I want the A/C fixed as soon as possible.

Basically, want to know if anyone's had experience with Munn and their opinion on the company. Thank you in advance.
We have Munn’s. Like them. Had them service our 1st house here as well. No problems.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:38 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

I switched from another company to Munn’s and have been happy but not used for any large issues.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:52 AM

We had our new hvac system installed by DeSantis, and we're very happy. But the best tip was when they came out to check, and told us it would be a couple of days before installation, they recommended that we buy a small window air conditioner to get us through the heat. And it worked! Afterwards, we donated it to a women's shelter. Worth it!!!
Old 05-12-2021, 06:53 AM

Excellent sales and service experience with Munn. I signed a maintenance contract for 2 yearly services $139. $40 cheaper then same service back in Jersey. My AC went out Mother’s Day Munn was here. Quick response. No charge bc it was under service contract.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:54 AM

Is there water around the unit? Might just need the drip pipe opened and flowing out...if it get plugged air will stop working. I pour warm soapy water down the pipe monthly to keep it flowing!
Old 05-12-2021, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

Munn's the word! We used them for our new AC installation in 2020, they are great.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:12 AM

We use M&S for years and had no issues. Our a/c stopped working and we called for repairs. They were out within the hour and had its up and running. 5 stars in my book.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:13 AM

It sounds like you only have one AC unit for your whole house. Before we bought a home in Florida, one of the vacation rental homes we rented had one AC unit for the home, plus a mini split in the master bedroom and a mini split for the enclosed lani. I thought that was a very smart idea! That way, you can have the temperature lower in the master bedroom at night, instead of the whole house. Another benefit is when, not if, the main AC fails, you have back up AC for your house. You could run the split units, and use fans to blow the cool air around the house. Then you could limp by until the main AC system was repaired or replaced.

The Florida house we ended up buying has a heat pump AC unit for the main house and a second heat pump unit for the master bedroom suite area. That’s also a smart way to have a lower sleeping temperature in the master bedroom and have back up AC if or when one of the AC systems fail.

If you just have one heat pump AC unit for the whole house, you should consider adding a mini split for your master bedroom, so that you could have a lower sleeping temperature and have backup AC in your home. Then you could limp by with the backup AC, since open windows and fans don’t cut it in Florida in the long summertime!

In Minnesota, I bought six portable electric space heaters for backup heat, in case my furnace quit working. I did that after the second emergency repair call in the middle of the winter.

Having a backup AC system is very important in Florida!
Old 05-12-2021, 07:17 AM

I had same issue, after recently moving(buying) here a couple years ago. I called Munns, technician came out, and told me almost exact same thing as they told you. Then, their office called and tried to sell me a new unit(mine was 7yrs old). I also had my split unit in lanai go, and same tech quoted me parts and labor for 3 different parts??? (NOTE: Kind of unusual for 3 parts to all go bad?!) Needless to say, I called someone else(independent contractor, also a Vet), who was a nice young guy. He lifted the humidistat, showed me where it fills with water(shuts down the system), drained and cleaned it, and PRESTO! Everything works! NO 3 bad parts! For the main unit, it was a capacitor. No need for a new coil, etc. And no more Munns!
Old 05-12-2021, 07:20 AM

Used Munn's for service because that name was on the unit. Said Freon was low so sent out another technician for that. He said probably had a leak and it would be $175 to look, but no guarantee of finding the leak. I chose to have Freon added. That was March 29th. So far it's still cooling.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:22 AM

Here is my experience with Munn’s. Husband in hospital and I’m there all day. When I get home I realize house hasn’t started to cool down for bedtime. Air not working. I call Munn’s at 9 PM and a gracious lady says if I will be up they will be here by 11. A very professional guy named Bill came, reassured me he would fix it and did so within a half hour. Cost $80. I had their maintenance and parts program and only had to pay half of emergency service charge. They have done our service since moved in 5 years ago and have always be fair and done a great job!
Old 05-12-2021, 07:26 AM
Platinum member

We use Munns and they were fair to us and quick. At this time of the year, may not be practical to get 3 estimates, especially if you need a new system unless you have a small window type AC or willing to get a hotel for several nights. Too hot.
Closed Thread

Tags
mann, a/c, experience, company, refrigerant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.