MUNNs A/C -- your experience or recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2021, 07:27 AM

We’ve used Munn’s since purchasing our Pre-Owned home 3 years ago in Hillsboro. Great service technicians. Annual service is worth the money as they catch issues prior to a break down reducing spending big money on an emergency repair
Old 05-12-2021, 07:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacDQ View Post
We’ve used Munn’s since purchasing our Pre-Owned home 3 years ago in Hillsboro. Great service technicians. Annual service is worth the money as they catch issues prior to a break down reducing spending big money on an emergency repair

++++
Us, 7 years with Munns. They installed our Carrier system in our new Gilchrist home back then, and we have been with them since. Highly recommend them A+.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:30 AM

Munns is the BEST! I’ve been here almost 16 years and my AC went after 12 years. They are meticulous and I have a twice-a-year maintenance contract with them. Several times they made house calls for me and didn’t charge me for the visits. I highly recommend them but there are also several other good companies out there. To sum it up—-they say that 7-10 years is the most you should expect an AC unit to last in Fl
Old 05-12-2021, 08:00 AM

I had them yesterday for my lanai AC. Excellent~texted me they were on their way, prompt, efficiecient, professional and reasonable.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:01 AM
Default Munn’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirlNow View Post
Well, lucky me, been here one month and my A/C just stopped working -- blowing warm air. There's a label on the unit from Munn A/C out of Fruitland Park. Called them and they installed it in 2008 (Trane unit). I have an appt with them tomorrow to come find out what's wrong. Any body on here have any experience or recommendation on Munn? I did look in the Contractor listings page on here, but didn't see their name; however, that probably doesn't mean they're not a good reliable company and just no one has listed them.

On the phone, the guy I spoke with at Munn said it's probably in need of refrigerant and that it may new new coils. Apparently, refrigerant should never leak. New coils were estimated at over $1k. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Smart thing to do would be to call 3 companies and get their diagnostics and quotes (each, of course, charge a service fee); however, it's hot in here and I want the A/C fixed as soon as possible.

Basically, want to know if anyone's had experience with Munn and their opinion on the company. Thank you in advance.
We have used Munn’s for four years! Love them! They are very professional and knowledgeable.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:03 AM

My AC & Furnace units (Trane) were installed by Munn's in 2005. Both are still in good shape, in fact, the AC was just checked yesterday. I get each checked once a year. I highly recommend Munn's.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:04 AM
Default Munis or Broward

Quote:
Well, lucky me, been here one month and my A/C just stopped working -- blowing warm air. There's a label on the unit from Munn A/C out of Fruitland Park. Called them and they installed it in 2008 (Trane unit). I have an appt with them tomorrow to come find out what's wrong. Any body on here have any experience or recommendation on Munn? I did look in the Contractor listings page on here, but didn't see their name; however, that probably doesn't mean they're not a good reliable company and just no one has listed them.

On the phone, the guy I spoke with at Munn said it's probably in need of refrigerant and that it may new new coils. Apparently, refrigerant should never leak. New coils were estimated at over $1k. Don't know if that's reasonable or not. Smart thing to do would be to call 3 companies and get their diagnostics and quotes (each, of course, charge a service fee); however, it's hot in here and I want the A/C fixed as soon as possible.

Basically, want to know if anyone's had experience with Munn and their opinion on the company. Thank you in advance.
We use Broward Factory Service and have a contract on all our appliances. We’ve been well pleased.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:04 AM

Munns is fantastic. Top notch company. We have had them for 12 years doing our yearly inspections.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:08 AM

We have used Sun Kool and have been very satisfied.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,672 Times in 5,226 Posts

You can save money by buying a system from a smaller company. But, if I needed a new HVAC system, I would most likely buy it from Munn's because they are available for repairs every day. They have lots of technicians. Last summer, my AC failed at 10 AM on a Saturday morning, and Munn's had it repaired by 2 PM. And, I don't have a service contract with them. I don't think service contracts are worth the cost from any company.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:16 AM
Thumbs up Good Company

Quote:

We have dealt with Munn's for 6 years and are very happy with them. Reliable, reasonable and responsive.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baitoro@hotmail.com View Post
Munns is the BEST! I’ve been here almost 16 years and my AC went after 12 years. They are meticulous and I have a twice-a-year maintenance contract with them. Several times they made house calls for me and didn’t charge me for the visits. I highly recommend them but there are also several other good companies out there. To sum it up—-they say that 7-10 years is the most you should expect an AC unit to last in Fl
When Chuck Farrell AC installed a new unit they said with proper installation/care it should last at least 15 years.
They replaced a 23-year-old Reem.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:44 AM

I had an issue with AC last fall, called Munn’s at 9:55 pm, they came out at 10:15pm and sent a photo and bio on the service tech. He checked it out and added freon, and he said I still had about 6 months left on my unit but suggested I buy in the spring cause there’s a rebate. I had it installed last month, $6,500 and already got my rebate check of $500. You can’t beat the customer service, and their techs know their stuff!
Old 05-12-2021, 08:47 AM

May be all you need to do is pour hot water in the white drain line pipe. Little geckos get in there and stop it up. First time that happened to us we paid a repairman $100 (I think) to come and repair it. Next time, we poured 1 gallon of hot water down the pipe ourselves.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:56 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 532 Posts

Basically, want to know if anyone's had experience with Munn and their opinion on the company. Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

I just had the same thing happen. Coolant was leaking, Chuck Farrell found leak and repaired and replaced coolant...... cost was a little over 700.00. It was 92 in my house, I was happy to pay it.
Closed Thread

Tags
mann, a/c, experience, company, refrigerant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.