My small lanai needs repainting

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2019, 01:21 PM
Default My small lanai needs repainting

I guess 14x9 is too small a job, I can’t get anyone to call me back! It has been painted before and still has some of the old paint that I assume will need to be power washed off first. Does anyone know someone who does small jobs? Thank you!
Old 05-10-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuauLinda View Post
I guess 14x9 is too small a job, I can’t get anyone to call me back! It has been painted before and still has some of the old paint that I assume will need to be power washed off first. Does anyone know someone who does small jobs? Thank you!

Why not go to Loew's or Home Depot and ask in the paint department if they know someone who would be willing to do the job.

OR

Have a neutral tile installed and you'll never have to worry about the surface again. The price might not be too much more than scraping the floor clean and re-doing the paint job.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default I was going to say the same as #2

Quote:

An old story from not Florida. I has a small job and for the same job, I got estimates from like 3,000 to 500. You would call someone and if they picked up the phone they would say stuff like I'll call you in a month or when I get back from xxxxxxx you should call me then.
I spoke to a neighbor, a retired school guidance counselor and he cut right to the chase. NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE BUT what he said was you surely knew people in the ???? industrial arts track. They are not stupid just not people who are going to show up on time etc.

We hired the guy with the lowest price. The reason was not just the price but he agreed to do it in a couple of days from my call. He did the job, I was not home. My wife paid him in full.
He said the Spackle will shrink as it drys and I will be back Saturday morning to touch it up. To my shock, after he was paid he did come back and touch it up. I was thrilled with the quality of his work as well as reasonable price so I saved his card.

Abut a year later a friend called looking for similar work. I highly recommended this guy. My friend called and got the same story as the others-I'll call you back when I get back from.

Home Depo or Lowes may not be the cheapest but the person will be insured and would not dare to loose Home Depos or Lowes steady work.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I can help you:

Call " Oscar's Quality Painting " Tel: 352-361-4414 or 352-553-8661 I have used him many times...Terrific, Fair, Honest and Reliable.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:01 PM

Thank you, I’ll call on Monday!
Old 05-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Sage

It is not the size of the job scaring them off, it's the "repaint" part. The only way to properly do that work is to grind or sand blast the old finish completely off.

Tags
small, assume, paint, washed, jobs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.