Pike's Electric not a good experience

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina
Thumbs down Pike's Electric not a good experience

I ordered some lights for my fans from Pike's Electric. I was told they could install them in 2 weeks and someone would give me a call to schedule the appointment.

After waiting 3 days for a call, I called them back and was told that the scheduling department wouldn't call me for two weeks. Then they would schedule the appointment. They couldn't tell me how long it would take after that to get the work done.

I guess if you can wait an unlimited amount of time, you could use them. I cancelled my order.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

There schedule must be full 2 weeks out...................
Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 PM

Not sure on that...called the beginning of this week to have a light moved and fan hung..coming out friday. I think the order may be what was hanging up the work. Of course its not friday yet so we'll see if they show when they're suppose to.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina

The point is they told me someone would call me in a few days to schedule the appointment and they were scheduling about two weeks out. No call. When I called them, I was told someone would call me in two weeks. Then they couldn't commit to when they would come to do the install. To me it sounds like before they had my order, it's a few days to get a call and two weeks out to get an appointment. Then once they had my order, it's two weeks before they'll even call me to make my appointment and who knows when they'll get to me.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgentile1010 View Post
The point is they told me someone would call me in a few days to schedule the appointment and they were scheduling about two weeks out. No call. When I called them, I was told someone would call me in two weeks. Then they couldn't commit to when they would come to do the install. To me it sounds like before they had my order, it's a few days to get a call and two weeks out to get an appointment. Then once they had my order, it's two weeks before they'll even call me to make my appointment and who knows when they'll get to me.
I guess they won't get to you since you cancelled...
Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgentile1010 View Post
I had a bad experience with them and am not surprised at this.
I refuse to do business with them.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM

I have had nothing but good luck with Pike's. I ordered some lights and was told that when the lights came in they would call and schedule the installation. They did, and they was installed when promised. While the electrician was here I asked for an estimate to install another outdoor outlet. He game me an estimate asked if I wanted it done while he was here or if I wanted it installed later to call for an appointment. A couple of weeks later I called and set up an appointment and everything went as planned. I am happy with the results and will use them again if I have any more electrical needs.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:04 AM

I was working with a sales person and trying to get prices and after asking for three times with no response. Gave up - gave my $2000 to somebody who cared
Old 12-04-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
I had a bad experience with them and am not surprised at this.
I refuse to do business with them.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

We went to Pike's last week (we are new to TV and only here for a week) and told them we needed work done when we were back in April 2014.

They said to call in March to set it up, they wanted about 3 weeks lead time.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Sage
Default Botched job.....

My neighbors had bad experiences with Pikes as well. One with putting in a summer kitchen and the other with putting in some shelves and work space in the garage. It was kind of a mess. They had no idea what they were doing. I'm surprised Pikes is still in business. The word will eventually get out. You have to produce quality work all of the time, not just some of the time.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 AM

Also had a bad experience.
Went into the store...person who was responsible for what we wanted wasn't there....left our name & cell #'s....THREE different times...nobody ever called.
Like others here....went to someone who cared.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Try Lenhart's. I've been impressed with his work and willingness to go the extra mile when needed.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-04-2013, 03:15 PM

We needed extra outlets installed and lights for our 4 fans. Had the electricial company who did the wiring for the house do the work. Quick..very reasonable. House was bought new in Oct. 2012. Their name is on the breaker box door. If you don't have the name of yours....we used Exceptional Electric. 352-748-9000
Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 AM

I got an estimate from Pikes for a kitchen remodel with LED lights. The estimate was $2500 then increased to $3700 two days later - nothing changed on my end from the time I met with them. The guy doing the estimate didn't seem like he had any clue about electric in general. I didn't use them just didn't feel confident with any part of it - the employee and the HUGE quote.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.