Need closet "reworked"

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damily View Post
Abshier Shelving did a great job for us. I was surprised at how reasonable they were.
We also had abshier convert all our closets to "california closets". We are very happy with their work and customer service.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My sweet husband took out all of the shelves in all three walk ins and put many more in to maximise the space. He also added many, MANY in the garage to hold all of our Christmas things.

He doesn't do closets, just ours, and I am so proud of the work he did and I wish he read this forum.

Thank you, you sweetie, you.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Sage

I've had a lot of these wire closets and find that they are not useful because...

They are not solid surface so in my linen closet I also keep Tylenol, sample size soaps, travel size things and they won't stand up on the wire. They fall all over the place.

In the clothes closets there are not enough space between areas to slide your clothes hangers without the hanger being stopped by a support bar. It's aggravating to try to push back your hangers to put clothes away and then be stopped by these supports.

Solid shelves just look better to me. These are my reasons for changing all of the metal shelves.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

Another vote for Busby's Closet Crafters (352-259-3330). He is a TV resident, a true gentleman, and a pleasure to work with. Came to our home, gave us a very reasoable estimate, and then invited us to his home to see samples of his work. They are in and out in a couple of hours and touch up the paint and clean up before they leave. his design increased our usable closet space by about 75% and it looks less cluttered.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages

Last edited by cappyjon431; 02-19-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
Another vote for Busby's Closet Crafters (352-259-3330). He is a TV resident, a true gentleman, and a pleasure to work with. Came to our home, gave us a very reasoable estimate, and then invited us to his home to see samples of his work. They are in and out in a couple of hours and touch up the paint and clean up before they leave. his design increased our usable closet space by about 75% and it looks less cluttered.
"We used Busby's Closets - he lives in The Villages. We thought him reasonable and professional. He cleans up after and even will touch up paint if you have it handy.

He has diagrams and options for just about all of the closets in Villages homes. He will do whatever you want, but usually knows what works best for either men, women, couples, crafts, office, etc. Plus, it's all adjustable if you change what you thought you wanted, and you can add extra bars, shelves, etc.

He runs an ad in the classified section of the Daily Sun. "

Sorry, I couldn't use the "quote" tab for both so had to copy and paste.

Don't go any further than Busby. He's the best and I couldn't be happier with the closets he designed for us. If you have money to waste then hire someone else and spend more money than you need to. Believe me, you won't get better than what Busby can offer you. Trust me.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
I have never owned a home with wire rack closet shelves. Can someone tell me why you would change to wood shelving? Is there a problem with function or just the look of it?
Over time, they get a sticky film on them. I have no idea what causes that. Could be heat or something like that. That was when we lived in VA. Haven't been in TV long enough to have that happen and probably will change out the wire before it does.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
Over time, they get a sticky film on them. I have no idea what causes that. Could be heat or something like that. That was when we lived in VA. Haven't been in TV long enough to have that happen and probably will change out the wire before it does.
Thanks for the info, now I understand the problem.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.