Need Crown Molding recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Default Need Crown Molding recommendation

Does anyone have a recommendation of a good and reasonable installer of Crown Molding for our Living Room/Dining Room/Kitchen areas?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum member

Reasonable is like beauty. In the eye of the beholder. We just had crown molding installed by Troy Rosenberger, Trim Carpentry, Inc. 352-812-3549. Fantastic job by his crew and it looks really great. We had it in stalled everywhere except the closets and laundry. Not cheap, but we think it makes enough of a difference to offset the cost.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

Last edited by getdul981; 04-09-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:48 PM

Creative Finish Carpentry has done two homes for us in the past few years. They are amazing and reasonably priced. Telephone 352-552-6555.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Veteran member

We just had ours done by David Morris, who had done the rest of the woodwork as he works for The Villages and also independently. He really does quality work. 352-274-7811. I thought his work was reasonable. Also clean and efficient.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Gold member

I would also endorse Creative Finish. They did our entire house with crown moldings plus did some great woodwork around both our front door and two sliders. They really transformed the house. They did the entire house in less than one day which is a positive for us since we weren't stuck in a construction zone for multiple days. They come in with a team of woodworkers who are followed by a team of painters and by the end of the day, the house is completely transformed. They also claim to use a special type of wood which resists shrinking and hence offer a 5-year warranty against such defects.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Creative Finish Carpentry did a fantastic job for us with entire house crown molding plus a few additional innovative things which enhanced our home tremendously. As the previous poster said, all done same day, no mess, no fuss, friendly, top quality job, great people.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 AM

Can someone please give me a guideline of what this costs?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Gold member

Creative Finish Carpentry just did our house. Looks fabulous. Did double moulding on tray ceilings, chair rail, wainscoting and crown mouldings, plus they did wainscoting under the breakfast bar.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 PM

Creative Finish Carpentry, we are using them again in a few weeks for our third project. Please search for their website, they have a list of pricing for all villages home models. The crew is great, in and out in a day and clean up behind themselves. They also work with a great painter and come back if you need them to do any touch ups. I can not say enough good things about this company, they are the best!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Gold member

Thumbs up for Creative Finish Carpentry. Mario is the man! You won't be sorry. Pricing on-line at Click Here

Xavier
Old 05-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Default Innovated Design Jerry Lay

Jerry did our entire GrandView model last year including tray ceilings in the family room and master bedroom with rope lighting. It took a week, they arrived on time and cleaned up when they were finished each day.
Excellent workmanship and the house looks wonderful. So glad we had this done before bringing in the furniture. He has great group of guys working with him. His price was competitive and reasonable..not like some others we spoke to.
Would certainly recommend him!

352-342-0869 Jerry Lay
Old 05-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Gold member

Just had ours done 2 wks ago. Magellan Remodeling Services, Inc. The Pergola Kings...we love the crown moulding. Finishes off the room. What a great group of guys too. Live here in TV. (352)266-7372.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri317 View Post
Creative Finish Carpentry has done two homes for us in the past few years. They are amazing and reasonably priced. Telephone 352-552-6555.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I would also endorse Creative Finish. They did our entire house with crown moldings plus did some great woodwork around both our front door and two sliders. They really transformed the house. They did the entire house in less than one day which is a positive for us since we weren't stuck in a construction zone for multiple days. They come in with a team of woodworkers who are followed by a team of painters and by the end of the day, the house is completely transformed. They also claim to use a special type of wood which resists shrinking and hence offer a 5-year warranty against such defects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcuse View Post
Creative Finish Carpentry did a fantastic job for us with entire house crown molding plus a few additional innovative things which enhanced our home tremendously. As the previous poster said, all done same day, no mess, no fuss, friendly, top quality job, great people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikitv View Post
Creative Finish Carpentry just did our house. Looks fabulous. Did double moulding on tray ceilings, chair rail, wainscoting and crown mouldings, plus they did wainscoting under the breakfast bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenY View Post
Creative Finish Carpentry, we are using them again in a few weeks for our third project. Please search for their website, they have a list of pricing for all villages home models. The crew is great, in and out in a day and clean up behind themselves. They also work with a great painter and come back if you need them to do any touch ups. I can not say enough good things about this company, they are the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Thumbs up for Creative Finish Carpentry. Mario is the man! You won't be sorry. Pricing on-line at Click Here

Xavier
Creative Finish Carpentry is the only service with so many recommendations, now including mine! In and out in a day, neat and clean, indeed "creative" (in my case with beautifully done chair rail), fairly and reasonably priced for a complex job like this, and they stand behind their work. Keep in mind, though, that at certain times of the year (and who knows, maybe ALL the time now), you will have to wait for them. And they are definitely worth the wait!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.