Need a Dishwasher

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2021, 08:07 AM
Platinum member
Default Need a Dishwasher

We are about ready to retire our 10 year old Whirlpool dishwasher and are looking for recommendations for a new one. I heard Bosch is good, but difficult to find someone if needs service. Also, where would you suggest purchasing?
Tampa, FL
Old 08-10-2021, 10:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

I would go with Costco, free installation, delivery and haul away, one year of warranty added on to the manufacturer warranty.

As a side note, I have repaired ovens, refrigerators, washers, dryers, LCD TVs and microwaves. But never dishwashers, whenever they fail it is simply not worth repairing. I would not be worried about servicing.

Edit to add: This is me repairing them, if it is not worth my time and parts to repair it is just not worth it.

Last edited by Toymeister; 08-10-2021 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

just make sure they have it in stock, there are a lot of "supply chain problems"
Old 08-10-2021, 11:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

We are on our second Bosch, and Toymeister seems to be correct. Our original one lasted years, and when it broke it made more sense to buy a new one. Of course, this was before COVID that we got our second one.

Online sources indicate dishwashers last 10-15 years. Seems like, after that period of time, it makes sense to buy new, not only because of repair vs replace, but in that time, new technology and improvements come along which you’d probably appreciate.

We got our new Bosch from Best Buy.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I would avoid Samsung, I understand the service is out of Orlando. I would go to an appliance dealer like Appliance Direct on 441 Leesburg, they appear to have a large selection and state same day delivery.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

If the builder is still installing Whirlpool appliances in the new houses, I would probably buy a Whirlpool. The warranty work is done by Fields Appliance in Orlando, but they are in The Villages several times every week. So, you shouldn't have any trouble getting it serviced.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

We just purchased all new Bosch Appliances from Aggressive Appliances. They have their own installation and maintenance personnel and are in TV at least twice a week. We avoided the big box stores because they sub installation and maintenance and it's a crapshoot who you might get. They also don't stock parts and in today's environment that can be a supply chain issue. Aggressive gives you access to management including the owner if escalation is needed. Jim Balano was our sales guy, 30+ years in the industry and lives in The Villages. I also suggest you look at Yale Appliance on Youtube for insight into service on Appliances and reviews of various lines. Aggressive also follows Yale to compare their experiences and so far, they line up.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Veteran member

Just received the September Consumer Reports. They have 3 dishwashers they recommend, all three are Bosch. Price range $600 to $770.

Top rated of the three is Bosch Ascenta at $600.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Just received the September Consumer Reports. They have 3 dishwashers they recommend, all three are Bosch. Price range $600 to $770.

Top rated of the three is Bosch Ascenta at $600.
Just got our copy. Went to Lowe’s and bought a Bosch.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-10-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We just purchased all new Bosch Appliances from Aggressive Appliances. They have their own installation and maintenance personnel and are in TV at least twice a week. We avoided the big box stores because they sub installation and maintenance and it's a crapshoot who you might get. They also don't stock parts and in today's environment that can be a supply chain issue. Aggressive gives you access to management including the owner if escalation is needed. Jim Balano was our sales guy, 30+ years in the industry and lives in The Villages. I also suggest you look at Yale Appliance on Youtube for insight into service on Appliances and reviews of various lines. Aggressive also follows Yale to compare their experiences and so far, they line up.
I will second the vote for both Bosch and Aggressive Appliance. We bought a Bosch induction cooktop from them and were very pleased with the service and are very happy with the product. It is nice (for a change) to deal with a company where the sales reps actually know what they are talking about.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Just got our copy. Went to Lowe’s and bought a Bosch.
Glad you were able to get something, and it was in stock!
Old 08-11-2021, 04:41 AM

We have a Bosch and love it. No problems getting service. I am from Champaign also
Old 08-11-2021, 04:42 AM
Veteran member

We had Bosch years ago when they came out with the first quiet dishwashers and we were very happy. By the way Maytag owns many different brands in the US and I think they're all crap. This last time I got fed up with spending 900 bucks and went with the cheapest one and appliance direct at under 300 bucks. It does the job and is noisy but I figured I can buy three of them for the price of one better one. I'm happy so far
Old 08-11-2021, 04:42 AM

Love the Bosch we have. Quiet and efficient. Local man Derrick can install
Old 08-11-2021, 04:43 AM
Veteran member

You may also consider looking at the racks inside has a new feature these days is a silverware rack as a third top and it holds a lot of cutlery
Closed Thread

Tags
dishwasher, good, difficult, find, bosch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.